Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Eklin
09-24-2002, 5:07 AM
Firstly, are you going to make a new Kyle model for the mod, or just use the current one. If you DO decide to make a new model, I suggest that you make him look like that badass on the back of the JO CD case with the brown leather jacket (which is how, I think, they should have made Kyle look in JO in the first place, instead of that bearded gomer that they turned him into).

Also, how exactly are you going to be doing some of the force abilities for the mod.
Like, Force Jump in DF2 was just like any of the other force skills, where you hit the F key and you jumped. But in JO, you just hold down the spacebar.
Or, Force Lightning in DF2 was like a big cluster of blue/white energy beams launched at the enemy (which would look pretty cool if done correctly), and in JO, it actually looked like a spray of lightning.
Personally, I'd prefer the energy beam way, if it were edited slightly. In DF2, it just jumped around a bit, but I think that it would be cool if it were larger/thicker, 3 dimensional, and shot out in a twirling cluster. If you look at the last screenshot on the back of the CD case for DF2 (I think) you'll see a pretty good example of how it SHOULD look.

Also, will you still use lightsaber throw, or will you have that double-swing move (lightsaber throw would be better, since the lightsaber moves available in JO make double-swing useless).

Lastly, what color saber will Kyle have? Green or blue? (Please say green).

Oh. Almost forgot. How will this mod work? I mean, will you have to select it from the mods in the setup menu, or will you be able to just use a separate exe file, that will automatically start the game with the Dark Forces mod loaded?
 Eklin
09-24-2002, 5:27 AM
Whoops. Sorry. I just realized that this isn't a JK: DF2 mod. I actually had no idea that just a plain Dark Forces game even existed. I actually hadn't even heard of MotS until today.
So, ignor my comments about force powers and lightsaber. But you should consider my idea about the Kyle badass model. That'd kick ass to be able to play as him.
 Darth_Linux
09-24-2002, 1:29 PM
see the pic of Kyle on the main Dark Forces site (http://darkforces.jediknightii.net) and that will give you a good idea about what our Kyle will look like.
 Eklin
09-24-2002, 5:33 PM
Wow. He looks pretty cool. Not quite as badass as the guy on the JK2 cd, but cool nonetheless. It looks a lot more realistic. And it's 10x better than the JO Kyle.

I think that I'm gonna try and model Badass Kyle (I think that's what I'm gonna call him from now on) myself. It'll give me something to do now that I'm not making webpages anymore.

Keep up the great work. Hopefully, someday, we'll have a TC for each of the different Kyle Katarn based games.
 Katarn07
10-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Will you redo Jan, or make her the same? She is wearing a slightly different outfit in the original. It's like a zip up sweatshirt thing. I can't tell. Just curious as to who you're planning on remodeling and leaving the same.
 michael_collins
10-05-2002, 3:44 PM
didnt jan have a ponytail in DF ? i mean in the mission briefing scenes it was definately there and since you couldnt actually SEE her back, it probably saved lucasarts a couple of grand to leave out. Will u redo it???
 Katarn07
10-05-2002, 5:28 PM
I'm sure she had the pony tail. Is the Executor level going to be completely redone to be Star Wars accurate, or will it be true to the original game. Either way is good; it's the only level where the whole thing could be redone. Also, will the author of level 4 include the hidden Ewok? That thing was so cool to find! I found a nice Ewok skin at Massassi; it's based off the Ugnaught. It's called Barry the Giant Ewok. Of course you can just make your own. Also, DF just had 3 difficulty levels. JO has 4. Will the fourth one be something special? Just curious again.
Page: 1 of 1