Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lost Cause, Part I

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
09-23-2002, 12:04 PM
It's here, it's finally here! The first installment of my Star Wars parody goes online with... well... without much of an event at all, now that I think of it. :)

But I believe it is very funny. And hey, look, there's a narrator! Some people were missing the presence of a narrator in Tierra.

Typing of Tierra, get it while you can. It starts to go offline next week.

Don't Psychology essays suck?

Post replies! Let's try to get a hot topic on the board. :)
 Darth Eggplant
09-23-2002, 7:54 PM
ROTFL
:jawa Utinni!:jawa
:D :D :D
 Metallus
09-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Larger font does not a meaningful post make. I thought the first ep was pretty clever. Good work.
 Tall Guy
09-26-2002, 4:49 PM
nice work, i loved it ;)
 Sanspoof
09-27-2002, 3:04 PM
Brilliant! I loved it! And there's even Number 2 in it! :D
 LiMP RABBiT
09-28-2002, 8:17 AM
Not wanting to poop no party, and though im a noob (the shame) and you'll probably just laugh at point, I must say I wasn't as blown away as I was by 'There's a New Death in Town' the first time I heard it. It was good but Tierra, I am afraid, was just a work of genius.
 LiMP RABBiT
09-28-2002, 8:21 AM
The above said, im willing to try part II.:)
 MJ
09-29-2002, 9:05 PM
Okay. I feel a need to reply to this.

Through the course of Tierra de los Muertos, I got about five e-mails (from different people) calling me a hack, a ripoff. It isn't the most flattering thing to recieve, and it's kinda making me rethink doing a sequal at all to Tierra. Because there were plans. I'd made a start on scripting, at least.

To be honest though, I never made the connection between Tierra de los Muertos and Grim Fandango when I first started to write it. Sure, they have common elements (skeletons in the land of the dead, how can it not?) but there are differences as well. What really pushed me to writing the damn thing was watching Road to El Dorado and reading Sergio Argones comics. So aside from the obvious (skeletons in the land of the dead) go back to Tierra and tell me... what does it have in common with Grim Fandango? To be honest, nothing. At least I hope so.

So that's where it stands at the moment. I feel like a total hack, and I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth continuing. Hell, I'm going to be REALLY surprised if anyone reads this at all, I have doubts that the boards are visited sometimes. Plus, the fact that the Star Wars community has chosen, at large, that Lost Cause is better off being ignored (and yes, I did send out e-mails to sites) doesn't instill me with confidence.

Ultimately, in regards to which is better (Lost Cause or Tierra) look at it this way: Tierra was written for story and atmosphere. Lost Cause was written for comedy (and was actually written before Tierra was).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and take a good hard look at myself.
 Darth Eggplant
09-30-2002, 12:51 AM
yes Harry some do read your posts
and think your stuff is worth listening to.
(and of course having said this, my post
will now be dismissed as irelevant because
I chose to use a coloured type font
thus making my post a non post.)
I mean just do it.
I got about three people to give me feed back
on my poll about my fansite and besides a scant few,
no one emails me to say yea, or nay, or anything.
If you are having fun doing it
or if the demons inside your head tell you to do it,
well do. the rest is flash and filler.

Tierra de los Muertos and Grim Fandango
are fresh ideas unto themselves.
Lucasarts did not invent mexican folklore
or the film noir movie gendre,
they just worked a theme upon an already
established archytipal ideal.

as for all those crickets out there;
until you make and produce a ten part
radio series with sound fx's and actors
and put it out on cd\dvd format,
and create a shopping cart web thingmee,

go **** yourselves.

they are not worth assimilaating Harry.
so all their comment are irrelavant.
 LiMP RABBiT
09-30-2002, 11:35 AM
Your right, it is hardly related at all (apart from the obvious) but just because some Norbert's (note that I am in no way predjudice to those particularly delightful people named Norbert) find some bazaar sort of pleasure in insulting those with much higher intelectual capacities than themselves (also note that I dont feel that those named Norbert are intellectually inferior.) So stop looking at yourself and make a new series. Please.

PS. Sorry for any confusion surrounding this reply.
 Gabez
10-16-2002, 2:32 PM
It’s inevitable that you’re going to get some negativity concerning your projects, as just about everything does. But despite that, a strong following is forming and the episodes are getting more and more popular. Please, just keep up the excellent work! Your efforts have injected new life into the community, and I’d be overjoyed to see a sequel. Or anything else coming from you for that matter.

Isn’t that, in the end, the *real* truth!?
Page: 1 of 1