Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cinematics

Page: 1 of 1
 chrustec
09-23-2002, 5:43 AM
Hey guys,

I was curious as to weither you would be using the existing cutscenes from the original dark forces or if you would be remaking them in MAX or another animation program (ie the moldy crow flying to and from planets etc.

If you need any help with this I am currently studying my first year of my diploma at an acadamy in Australia / Canberra called the A.I.E. (Acadamy of Interactive Entertainment) and may be able to do one or 2 cut scenes for you. Just let me know as Im looking for something to do (starwars wise).
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 11:25 AM
We are redoing them with the ingame scripting engine. You should get in touch with MilesTeg (info on the team page) and see what tools he uses to do this since I'm not sure about the process.
 MilesTeg
09-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Hi chrustec,

I am currently working on the cutscenes with MAX and although Iґm not that familiar with the program it works quite good.

It would be great if you could support us with some scenes. Until now only the first cutscenes are done.

We always need talented guys for cutscenes ;)
 Darth_Linux
09-23-2002, 3:04 PM
Chrustec, why don't you try putting one together as a sample and if it looks good enough, you can join the team . . .
 chrustec
09-23-2002, 8:12 PM
Ok Darth - well I have almost a years worth of production experience with MAX as it is the program we use at my school/acadamy (my course is computer games / animation orinented) I am going to see gold member (austin powers 3) now so when i get back I'll do a quick scene of the moldy crow flying to a planet and render that for you, and you can tell me what you think - of course i wont have time to model the ships (i have models from www.swma.net) when they were still running of course ;) Anyway gotta go
 Katarn07
10-07-2002, 7:10 PM
How will you be doing holograms? Jabba, Madine, the Mon Calamaris at Tak Base? (is that all of them?). Will you be using the ones from the game (which were taken from the movies) or make them yourselves? Also, will Crix Madine have a clean shaven face? In pictures of him (as with the hologram) you can see a beard. But the cutscene shows him without it. Would an Imperial Officer have a full beard like that?
Page: 1 of 1