Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm new to this thread . . .

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Exodus
09-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Can someone xplain what the Dark Forces mod will do?

Darth Exodus
 Darth_Linux
09-21-2002, 11:51 PM
From http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/about.shtml)

This project aims to recreate the levels and playing experience of the LucasArts game Dark Forces using the modern 3D engine found in the game Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast.

We will be re-creating all 14 levels found in the original game and bringing them into the 21st century.

Given the capabilities of the modified Quake 3 engine this project is very exciting indeed. Weapons, enemies and models will be re-created aswell as other features of the original game.

Soon you'll be playing Dark Forces with gorgeous visuals, brilliant effects and fantastic playability!

As Kyle Katarn, mercenary and agent of the Rebel Alliance, infiltrate the secret Imperial base to steal the plans for the Death Star and travel to distant locations as you track down clues to unravel the mystery of the Dark Trooper.

Choose wisely from an arsenal of weapons including Bryar Pistol, Imperial Blaster, Thermal Detonator, Imperial Repeater, Fusion Cutter, Anti-personnel Mines, Mortar Gun, Concussion Rifle, and the Dark Trooper Assault Cannon.

Test your skills in 14 greatly enhanced missions

Interact with legendary Star Wars characters such as Storm Troopers, Imperial Commandos, Gammorean Guards, Dianogas, Boba Fett, Grans, Trandoshans, Jabba the Hutt, Kell Dragons, and of course all 3 iterations of the fearsome Dark Trooper.

Hear the original music exactly as the composer intended.

Powered by a modified version of the widely acclaimed Quake 3: Team Arena engine, you'll enjoy the game as never before with high resolution graphics, hardware accelerated performance, true 3D environments, stunning sound and music effects, and in-engine cutscenes which complete the entire 14 mission story.
 Salv
09-22-2002, 10:00 AM
You sound too much like the back of a game box Darth.
 Darth_Linux
09-22-2002, 11:09 AM
that's because I already answered this question on the main site and I didn't want to type again ;-)
 michael_collins
09-22-2002, 11:12 AM
bringing it into the 21st century....good god darth when u say it like that it makes me feel old...any1 else have this problem ?
 Darth_Linux
09-22-2002, 2:46 PM
I AM old hehehe ;-)
Page: 1 of 1