Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A tacky request...

Page: 1 of 1
 Covax
09-20-2002, 3:38 PM
Alright.. get ready to groan...

Laser sights.

Would it be possible? It's basicaly 4 ideas:

1- A dot that paints your target, like TFC for Half-Life.
2- A dot that paints YOU.
3- A beam from your gun.
4- A beam from the enemy's gun.

It's more for a psycological impact. I mean we haven't seen many campers in JKII, but it would be SWEET to see laser sights cut though a room as Black Ops cover an area.

Would it be possible to, say, get something like the primary Disruptor beam to continuously (and harmlessly) fire? I'll tinker but my skills don't really fall under coding.
 Azymn
09-20-2002, 6:35 PM
Sure, it can be done.
I think it would be a cool effect too.
I'll see if i can add it to the disruptor when i get the other things worked out.
 Covax
10-18-2002, 9:09 AM
Still curious if any of the ideas are possible. Would be cool for the Blade Mod but it's not critical.

I was thinking rather than the code would altering the weapon model be more appropreate? Say like some kind of shader?
 Darth Vader III
10-18-2002, 9:17 AM
I think it would be cool to:
1. Without force speed a dot (meaning: no strip would be seen on any angles)
2. With force speed a stripe.
3. When looking to the dot while using force speed the red light flashes would be seen (when you look straight at an explosion)

Would it be possible?
 Hellfire Jedi
10-18-2002, 6:36 PM
Covax simple Shaders will probley do it
Page: 1 of 1