Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Windows XP Problem :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Adelpha
09-19-2002, 9:17 AM
Hi, i purchased grim fanango a couple of days ago from a HMV store over here in the UK. Now whenever i go to install the game it starts the installshield and gets to 47% then stops and gives me this error message :

"---------------------------
Setup Initialization Error
---------------------------
Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.EXE."

Now i looked in my gamedata folder on the cd and i can find the _setup.dll file but not the _isres.dll file... I dont know if this is the problem but if im missing this file, could someone send it to me? or is it another problem which i have not noticed?

Thanks

Adelpha
 GendoTheGreat
09-20-2002, 2:40 AM
The solution is very simple:

1) Wipe XP completely from your HDD.

2) Smash the XP CD's into a thousand tiny pieces

3) Shove the CD pieces down the throat of a Microsoft employee.

4) Re-install Windows 98.

Viola, problem solved!
 Tall Guy
09-25-2002, 6:48 AM
Make sure that your computers TEMP folder is accessable and is not on another drive. also make sure the folder is not 'read only' and that it has sufficient space.

this problem occurs when the target directory (including the TEMP folder) has insufficient space for the setup files to be copied and decompressed.

1) check the above

2) if that fails: setup files could be corrupt. go back to hmv and exchange the copy. try again

3) see gendo's post ;)

hope this helps...let us know how you get on :D
 MeddlingMonk
09-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Maybe a better idea would be to dual-boot the computer. ;)
Page: 1 of 1