Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DOTT with WINDOWS XP PROBS!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 DannyZuko
09-18-2002, 3:30 PM
Just bought the double pack with DOTT and SAM AND MAX.

Now SAM AND MAX has no sound, tried downloading Quick and Easy 3.5 after installing it I got music but the speech was s-s-s-l-l-o-o-w-w!

Oh well no probs I can live with no sound but DOTT I can't get working at all it just says:

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction CS:0a1b IP:0210 op:00 00 00 00 00

If you choose IGNORE OR CLOSE the same thing happens..ie nothing.

What a pain in the arse!
Please help I have wanted to play this game since the old AMIGA days!
:(
 bgbennyboy
09-19-2002, 4:36 AM
I dont know what youve done but youve definately done something weird.

What operating system are you using?

Try reinstalling vdmsound, the update and its launchpad

Also make sure you're actually running S+M through Q+E rather than just vdmsound. Q+E fixes the slow speech issue. Also make sure youve done the filecopy and that you really are using version 3.5 not 3.

DOTT again make sure youve done the filecopy.
 DannyZuko
09-22-2002, 1:30 PM
I have WINDOWS XP and have installed Q+E 3.5 and VDM SOUND 2.0.4. When I try to install LAUCHPAD v1.0.0.7 it just says in a window titled: REGSVR32: LOAD LIBRARY (LAUCHPAD.DLL) FAILED - THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND.

Also the VDM SOUND 2.0.4 update 1, when you say to copy and paste the files could you tell me which files and to what folder please.

I know I am an idot but I have only had a PC for a few months....thanks for your patience and help!

Danny
 DannyZuko
09-22-2002, 2:39 PM
Forget the last message because just after writing it I started messing about with Q+E............

Suddenly my brother came in, called me an idiot and showed me what to do!

HURRAH! Speech on SAM AND MAX and DOTT!

Thanks for all your help....Im off to play!

YYYYAAAAHHHHHOOOO!
(Ok calm down Danny)!

:) ;) :cool: :D :p
 Laserschwert
09-30-2006, 8:15 AM
I played Indiana Jones fate of atlantis , DOtt, and sam and max with sound and music without a glitch on my xp, which i havent been able to play for years until I found :

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php)

It lets you play alot of old games that would otherwise be costers. You need the actual cd's for these games.

If you have any questions they have a great forum.

Hopes this helps

Uhm... you do realize that this thread is over four years old, do you?

But alright, I'll give you the benefit of newbieness...
Page: 1 of 1