Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How closely will this mod follow the original game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Koldsabercut
09-16-2002, 2:28 PM
Will this mod be exactly what the original game was (with some obvious concessions seeing as this is a TC)? Will the stormie count, for example, be exactly the same as DF on each difficulty level? Just wondering.
 The_One
09-16-2002, 4:29 PM
That's a very good question, and one that should be added to the FAQ. I also can't answer it :p

*Waves over Darth_Linux*
 Darth_Linux
09-16-2002, 5:24 PM
Well, we aim to make it as close to the original as possible. I think it should be addressed though that this is not a total conversion by any stretch - it's simply a modification to Jedi Outcast . . .

on enemy placement, we will start out with identical positions and numbers of enemies and see how it plays. The older 2.5 D irst person shooters were heavy on enemy count because large numbers of sprites were easy to manipulate. Once things moved to true 3d, we saw numbers of enemies reduce as the hardware couldn't draw that many things on screen at the same time, but in the 6 years since quake emerged I feel pretty good about todays hardware being able to draw as many enemies on screen as in the original . . . only time will tell.
Page: 1 of 1