Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vader Mission no2: Breaking Bread

Page: 1 of 1
 csparkes
09-14-2002, 7:08 AM
Have reached the Food setlement in the East. The next task is to build a command Center to build an army to crush the rebels.

Cannot reach the site where I am directed to build the Command Center. There is a wall across the only entrance and the routes are totally surrounded by trees.

Any Ideas ???!!!!
 Duke Straykker
09-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Try attacking the wall, that should break through it, and give you access :)
 csparkes
09-15-2002, 5:59 AM
When I highlight the men, and right click on the wall, they simply try and walk through the wall. It does not seem to be an enemy wall so they do not attack it. It blongs to an ally.

Any other ideas?

:fett:
 Kryllith
09-15-2002, 4:03 PM
They wall (and gate) right next to the command center are allies, so you should be able to pass right through the gate (in fact, when you get close enough most of the stuff there should come under your control.

However, if you can't get that close there is another possibility. The computer can be notoriously stupid. Once when I had the command center there were allies down there and they were walling things off to keep the rebels out. More than once they walled whole sections off (without gates) so I couldn't get to certain areas. Luckily, I had the command center at this point so I could use carbon collecters to cut down trees or use heavy weapons to ground attack.

If you're getting completely cut off from going south then this might be the problem. In which case you might want to get down there a little faster. If, for instance, you're spending time destroying all the Rebel observation posts (there are at least 2 on the way there) then ignore them get down there.

Let me ask you this: can you at least get to the banner?

Kryllith
 csparkes
09-16-2002, 3:43 AM
I could not get to the banner.

I noticed there was a small clearing near to the banner but was still blocked by trees.

I left the game running on its own and went away for 30 mins. When I came back, I noticed the allies were collecting carbon adn removing the trees in my way slowly.

Eventually, they made a path so my men could reach the banner and the command center became available.

Thanks for all your help.
:p
Page: 1 of 1