Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dianoga

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
09-12-2002, 4:17 PM
I posted on a recent thread when darth linux was a little....distraught at the fact that he would do the dianoga"somehow" and i suggested that there is one in the mysteries of the sith jedi knight addon, mabye if it was used as a base model someone could make a better version for use in the levels that it appears in
 The_One
09-12-2002, 4:51 PM
The model is not the problem.

The problem is getting it to function properly - in JKII there isn't any enemy that is water based. We will have to program in our own ai to get it to function properly which could prove problematic...
 Infinity Blade
09-12-2002, 5:39 PM
I dunno if I remember correctly, but wasn't the water not that deep?

If it was shallow enough, could just make it so that the creature ducks to go under water.. then stands to pop out....

....then try to make it act like it's "Shy" or something.... Try to get it to attack... but avoiding the player alot to give it that suprise attack feel....

I don't know.. don't work with any AI for JO at the moment. Just a thought thrown out to help with ideas.
 TIMMAY
09-12-2002, 6:44 PM
infinity_blade has a point there, the water wasn't very deep at all. But if you could change the AI it would be quite good to have a decent water level.
 Temujin
09-13-2002, 4:41 PM
Hey, make a REALLY dark or gloomy water too. This would diable the player from seeing the monster underwater. Then, you wouldn't be able to just spot it underwater and kill it.:fire3: blueblas1
 Koldsabercut
09-15-2002, 7:42 PM
Not too dark now. I hate it for the monsters to attack you while submerged and you don't even know where they are.
 Temujin
09-17-2002, 4:25 PM
That's the whole point.:attack1: :blaze6:
 Alex_P47
09-22-2002, 11:38 PM
Isnt the dianoga only in shallow water in the tunnels of sewer?
you only "see" him out of the water so I think he could be done
 Katarn07
10-05-2002, 10:56 AM
I hated that level. It was pitch black! Whoever makes it please add some lowly dimmed lights, like those red emergency lights as seen in level 1 of DF. Also I believe Kyle was swimming though the water, not wading. LEC didn't have the resources to go "under" water I think. Kyle should wade and not see the Dianogas until they grab him, but when he rises the water level, he should be able to swim under the surface and see what nasties are underneath him and take them out with the Bryar. I believe there to be Dianogas on Orinackra and even Jabba's Ship? Don't remember, but if they're there they should use the same principle. Just my thoughts on the topic.
 Alex_P47
10-05-2002, 6:54 PM
which level?
sewers?
 Katarn07
10-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Level 3, Anoat City. You had to find Moff Rebus through a giant maze filled with droids and Dianogas. A Gran awaits you at the very end with a belt of Thermal Detonators.
Page: 1 of 1