Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reprocessed tex.

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
09-09-2002, 2:58 PM
I am totally and completely IGNORANT of skinning modeling texturing et al. I just download the finnished products and use them, as lots of people do and I was wondering what are re-processed textures and why they are being used???

(disregard if this is like really elementary :D):biggs:
 The_One
09-09-2002, 4:21 PM
The "textures" we commonly refer to are the textures used to texture the 14 levels of the original game. In this mod you will probably hear about 3 different textures:

Original Textures: These are the original ones from Dark Forces and are of a very poor resolution and quality, as you can imagine.

Re-processed Textures: These are the original textures but run through several filters to make them look better - and are also a higher res.

Re-created Textures: These are new textures created from scratch by our texture artists. These are very high res and often come with shader scripts when light is emitted from the texture. Basically, they're of the standard present in JKII.

Currently, we have re-created (I think) all the textures from Secret Base, and several other levels are in progress. For work in progress levels we are using the re-processed textures to give us an idea of what the final product will look like.

I hope this clears things up. Perhaps I should add this to the FAQ ;)
 michael_collins
09-10-2002, 11:19 AM
lol no FAQS please i have bad memories of the X-Wing alliance upgrade project, if u said something outta line they basically slammed u with it (JK)

thanks thou that helps
 TIMMAY
09-11-2002, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by michael_collins
lol no FAQS please i have bad memories of the X-Wing alliance upgrade project, if u said something outta line they basically slammed u with it (JK)

thanks thou that helps

I got bad news for you. They still do :p But no as much because people read the FAQ now :p
Page: 1 of 1