Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A fairly dumb question

Page: 1 of 1
 chrustec
09-06-2002, 7:00 AM
Hey guys, let me just say that your mod is progressing rather well. And if you need any help drop me a line, and ill see if i can help. But onto business.

Even though in the original Dark Forces there was NO lightsaber. Are you going to code the MOD to remove the saber or is it still going to be available but not by legitimate means (ie spawned in an area) cheating to get it.

Just curious.
 TheMadDoofer
09-06-2002, 10:27 AM
That's not a dumb question, I wanted to know this myself. I think you are correct, though.
 Darth_Linux
09-06-2002, 11:27 AM
we are going to disallow the lightsaber through the map scripts except for one easter egg, which I won't go into any further lest it spoil the fun, but that doesn't prevent someone from cheating and spawing it into the game.

I think it would be best to play through the mod without it first, and then maybe try it again with the lightsaber and see how it changes things. It will probably be like a different game . . .
 TIMMAY
09-08-2002, 1:10 AM
It would be extremely interesting with a Lightsaber, and using only Lightsaber Defense powers.
 Steg
09-08-2002, 6:44 AM
Lightsaber would b fun but on the note of melee combat....
how is the DT gonna work? will that use a modified version of the saber code?
now theres an idea? Can the DT phase 1 block shots with its shield? wot do u say darth?

Steg
 TIMMAY
09-08-2002, 6:59 AM
I remember the Phase 1 blocking some shots, especially when i had the stormtrooper rifle on supercharge it always blocked them back at me :p
 Katarn07
10-07-2002, 6:36 PM
You should "make" the DTs out of both Phrik AND Kortosis (the lightsaber resistent stuff in JO). Now that would force players who choose to use the saber to resort in using the mortar launcher and stuff. I probably wouldn't play with saber after beating it with no cheats and then once with Invulnerability (hey, gotta find all the secret areas).
Page: 1 of 1