Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Foxy Lady

Page: 1 of 1
 bizarr3
09-06-2002, 1:13 AM
Aren't you guys worried about getting foxed?
 Darth_Linux
09-06-2002, 1:21 AM
not really . . .

here's why
all models, maps, textures and art work are "original works". We do not break any copyright infringements with our work because it is solely our creation.

the only thing we are borrowing from DF is the sounds and music files. These have already been distributed on the net in hundreds of places (every major DF site has virtually every game resource available for download in discrete download archives) and none of them have been foxed or told to cease and desist.

Since this is a MOD, it is completely dependant upon the underlying Jedi Outcast engine and gamedata, so anyone who wants to play it must purchase JO from LEC. Most Star Wars fanatics will probably purchase the Special Edition, which includes Dark Forces, so they already "own" all the game data that does get redistributed.

i think anyway you look at it, it encourages people to spend money with LEC, which is a good thing for them, so I don't anticipate them shutting things down. Let's hope I'm right ;-)
Page: 1 of 1