Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any Update on the Wired Lamp SDK?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Count
09-04-2002, 2:21 PM
Will you be getting the code you so desperatley need to remake the weapons and the flying Dark Trooper and Boba Fett
 Darth_Linux
09-04-2002, 10:57 PM
We got an email from WLS that said they'd be releasing the code theyve done so far so that mods like us can make new SP maps using the MP binary, so I think we are good to go. We just have to wait for the release . . . hopefully it includes full source - I can't imagine it not, but you never know.
 Primesghost
09-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Who's going to be coding for your mod?
 Darth_Linux
09-05-2002, 10:39 AM
me at first, and hopefully I'll recruit some help since I mainly know Quake C, which is a dumbed down version of C. I can modify existing things pretty good but if I had to write some new AI from scratch, I probably couldn't do it, so I'll be looking for help in the coming months . . .
 The_One
09-05-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I had an e-mail saying the source would be released. I don't ahve any sort of ETA, but chances are it will be fairly soon.
 The Count
09-05-2002, 3:56 PM
Will this code be exactly what you need though I mean in terms of remaking the weapons and stuff, I hope so I loved Dark forces but because I have Win XP I can't play it anymore which sucks, good luck with the Code Darth Linux, also that Hud I've seen are you really going to have that one I don't mean to be rude but well even in Dark Forces it looked horrid and in comparrison to the one in Jedi Outcast it's even more horrid (I know you want to stay true to the original game and stuff) but if you do keep that one can you make it look better (like the Dark Forces II one)
 Darth_Linux
09-05-2002, 4:25 PM
the HUD will be a cross between Dark Forces and Jedi KNight 2 and I think the new artwork looks great so hopefully you will too ;-)
 The Count
09-05-2002, 4:30 PM
The New Artwork hmmmm interesting well chances are I will think that as everything else you've done has been fantastic, oh yes this thing is bugging me are you going to reintroduce that lives thing that the original Dark Forces had, also are the weapons going to have 500 ammo and will the shields be 200 again?
 Darth_Linux
09-06-2002, 1:14 AM
yes I"ll make weapons and shield values correct. I doubt we'll do "lives" though since the whole reason there were lives in the first place is becase DF didn't have a save feature mid-level. Now that with JO you can save and restore when ever you want, extra lives are pointless . . .
 The_One
09-06-2002, 12:46 PM
I had an idea about that actually, that would be a compromise between both systems. We could, with a SDK, code in save slots - eg. you have 5 save slots per level. Would add a bit of a challenge, but obviously this needs to be discussed. Though, this won't be appearing in the demo as we will have no source code by that point, and the code we get from WLS will need to be modified before we can use it properly.
 The Count
09-06-2002, 7:18 PM
Hmmmm the 5 save slots per level seems interesting but I only save my game when I'm in the middle of it once and that is using the quicksave feature overwriting my previous save (I'm that is what loads of other players do in JO aswell). Doing that maybe pointless then especially when you can be putting time into other things such as remaking those glorious Dark Forces Weapons one question will you be releasing the Mod in parts or as one big File, seeing as more and more people use broadband now it would probably be best to make the Mod released as one big file.
 Darth_Linux
09-06-2002, 8:53 PM
The mod will probably be released as a main game archive with two optional archives, one for cutscenes and one for music, since we calculate the cutscenes to be over 100 MB and the music will probably be that large as well, so to avoid having people download a 300mb archive, we'll seperate it out into more reasonable chunks.
 michael_collins
09-18-2002, 4:44 PM
for the jetpacks for :fett: and the dark trooper why dont you use the existing jetpack mod that is in the community ?? like a last resort in case the sdk thing dont come through
 R2D202
09-20-2002, 10:38 AM
How will you get :fett: to get a jet pack? Theres a way but, lol i hope you find out :rolleyes: and good luck with your mod!
Page: 1 of 1