Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The New Jedi Order

Page: 1 of 1
 Kiedo
09-02-2002, 1:24 PM
After finishing all the new jedi order books so far, i'm kinda disapointed overall, a few of them were pretty good, but most of them were pretty average. Well, at least they were mostly better than a lot of the other series. Not mentioning any names.

*cough*x-wing*cough* ;)
 Kanubis
09-02-2002, 2:10 PM
Really?

X-Wing was my favourite series.

The Barbara Hambly ones were the worst, surely?
 Ewok Hunter
09-02-2002, 2:13 PM
yeah the barbra Hambly ones were terrible, and the black fleet crisis series was bad also, but X-wing was preaty good
 TheMadDoofer
09-02-2002, 2:26 PM
Almost all of the Timothy Zahn books were great...haven't tried Jedi Order yet though.
 Kanubis
09-03-2002, 1:15 PM
Although I do agree that the NJO books had a very rough patch, where every book was "Leia leads refugees to new planet. New Republic do nothing. Han argues with Leia. Kyp Durron argues with Luke. YV destory planet whilst the usual heroes help cover the retreat."

About five books were like that I think. However, they have got much better lately, for the last 6 or so. Especially Rebel Dream.
 Wraith 8
09-03-2002, 1:19 PM
well to be honest.. i heard the NJO sucked so i didnt want to read them.... but then i saw a book by Aaron Aalston and he is my favorite author off the X-wing books. so i bought it and am reading it now...

i believe it was rebel dream... but i must say to you all.... THE X-wing books rock :D
 Boba Rhett
09-03-2002, 1:22 PM
I've said this plenty of times before..... I hate NJO with a burning, fiery passion.
 Kanubis
09-03-2002, 1:24 PM
Yep, that's right, he wrote Rebel Dream, and it's every bit as good as the Wraith Squadron books, especially since it makes Wedge a main character again.
 Jan Gaarni
09-03-2002, 2:23 PM
Why do you hate it, Boba Rhett?
 Ewok Hunter
09-03-2002, 8:39 PM
so what if it's repetitive, i skiped a couple of the early-middle books, but the whole point is to shake the universe up and to make a profit in doing so......or something
 MikeC
09-04-2002, 4:35 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree about the X-wing books. They are the best of all the SW books except for the Thrawn trilogy by Zahn. :x-wing:
Page: 1 of 1