Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Poem

Page: 1 of 1
 Nightcrawler187
09-02-2002, 10:16 AM
Can someone tell me who wrote the poem manny says when hes lookin at the moon at the docks:

It shone, pure as bone
As i stood there alone.
And i thought to myself how the moon
That night, Cast its light
on my hearts true delight
And the reef where her body was stewn.

i think thats right!
 Sanspoof
09-02-2002, 2:09 PM
I think that's right. Also, there are a lot of things people don't notice in Year 2. Like the moon has the face of a skull on it, and some people don't notice Meche walking to the docks at the very beginning.
 MeddlingMonk
09-02-2002, 2:33 PM
That poem, like the others in the game, was probably written either by Tim Schaffer or someone else on the GF team. My money's on Schaffer because of the biker haiku stuff in Full Throttle; he seems to be a bad-poetry kind of guy.
 Nightcrawler187
09-02-2002, 4:10 PM
i didn't catch any other poems?
 MeddlingMonk
09-02-2002, 5:15 PM
There's plenty of poetry in the Blue Casket. Olivia will recite four if you push her a little; she'll recite a fifth if you show her Lola's Rusty Anchor note. Slisko recites a couplet when Manny tries to do standup. And, of course, Manny can improvise poetry all he wants (and Olivia will repeat them).
 Tall Guy
09-03-2002, 4:47 AM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
That poem, like the others in the game, was probably written either by Tim Schaffer or someone else on the GF team. My money's on Schaffer because of the biker haiku stuff in Full Throttle; he seems to be a bad-poetry kind of guy.

heh, i actually posted saying it was tim, then throught maybe it was some poem from mexican folklore like a lot of the stuff in the game....so i deleted it :D

pretty cool poem tho
 Darth Eggplant
09-04-2002, 12:21 PM
it was a nice poem,
I have a heavy Otahku
Litterature major
Librarian friend
I will email him
because if it exists
he and his librarian orangutan's
will crawl through L Space
until they find it.
 Nightcrawler187
09-09-2002, 9:09 AM
cool man that will be dark IF u can pull it off!
 Darth Eggplant
09-09-2002, 3:52 PM
so far my librarian
says he can not find it
however ther are many
poems in the world
so it may or may not surface.
I also asked Yoda at Lucasarts,
doubt they will answer
it may be just something
lived and loved but never
fully understood.