Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About the latest screenshot....

Page: 1 of 1
 jannar85
09-02-2002, 6:38 AM
I dunno what you think about it, but it's WAY TO quake-ish/doom-ish. Look at that! LucasArts can do much better than that! They can maybe do better gfx than BS3!

C'mon LucasArts! Show that you're still the big boss, and show us a great game. I think from what I've seen from the screenshot, is that EMI has beaten it in gfx. That's for sure.

And BS3 is leading though.... If FT can go as high as that level, then it'll be great - if not.... I won't buy it.

Just look at it! It looks more than a 3D-shooter instead of an adventure game...! And I don't like it! :mad:
 JBRAA
09-02-2002, 9:43 AM
What! You are bashing FT2!!! DIE YOU DIE!

Just kidding jannar85. They are just pulling our legs. LucasArts are showing just how fun the game is, so the screenshot shows how Ben looks when an easter-egg is activated. Perhaps the secret code is "F10 + MAKEMEAMONKEY". That's the biggest 'three-headed-furrless-monkey without 2 extra heads' I've ever seen!

Or not. :skul1: :skul5:
 Gabez
09-02-2002, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to judge the game's graphics on one screenshot. ALthough Ben's eyes are rather small. But I'm sure everything will be fixed and looking great when the game's released... I mean, it's not like LucasArts to come second in adventure games.
 jannar85
09-02-2002, 1:02 PM
Yeah, it was maybe just a development shot... I hope.
 BooJaka
09-06-2002, 3:46 PM
I can't believe you people are gonna refuse to buy it because the graphics aren't necerssarily great. There have been some amazing games in the past but did you refuse to play them because they didn't quite live up to your standards? It's pretty shallow you know.
 Jake
09-07-2002, 4:19 PM
Though I have mixed feelings about FTII in general, including the graphics, I think it's pretty outrageous to go and whine to no end about that shot. It's obviously from a game that is still in progress. Ben isn't casting shadows, and isnt affected by the light around him, making it look very washed out, boring, and dated. If you look at any of the other FTII media that is out, it looks a lot more like you'd expect to see from a FT game.

I think that despite cheezy mugging and smiling all the time, that Ben model is spot on. You couldn't ask for much better in a 3d rendition of our favorite biker, except maybe a few more polygons. Even though this expression (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/site/newsimage.php?id=546&sdate=09032002&image=0&category=advnews) isn't necesarilly a face you'd ever expect Ben to make during Full Throttle 1, that Ben model is conveying about a million times more personality than they ever managed to get out of the characters in EMI. Or any of the 3D Star Wars games for that matter.
 BooJaka
09-08-2002, 6:35 AM
Right on!
 jannar85
09-12-2002, 2:52 AM
Originally posted by jannar85
Yeah, it was maybe just a development shot... I hope.
 young_zev
09-23-2002, 3:56 PM
DOOM? QUAKE?

Damn, they must be using old technology to build this game.

:)
 itsgood2slide
10-04-2002, 7:55 AM
Well, the Dark Forces engine has never let them down....
Page: 1 of 1