Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Guess who I saw!

Page: 1 of 1
 Tall Guy
08-29-2002, 6:00 AM
Ok, so i'm in EB buying GTA2..again (scratched disc or summat) and Jonny Vegas walks in! He was looking for a N64 gamepad actually!

I'm guessing a lot of people wont know the guy but he's a comic from St Helens, England (where I'm from :D) He did a while in the states...dunno if anyone has heard of him but he's pretty famous. Did a few comedy series on the BBC. He's always at Knowsley Road for the St Helens rugby matches too. what a guy!
 Sanspoof
08-29-2002, 2:05 PM
Really? Neat. But I too saw a celebrity! It was.................... the statue of that war guy in the square, but he's a celebrity....... sort of... hey, he's the stony type!
 ZaXeriaw
08-29-2002, 4:30 PM
But you can't beat this: I saw Samuel L. Jackson in Prague some times ago. They was maded a scene in XXX. It LOOKS very nice ;)
 Tall Guy
08-29-2002, 4:39 PM
cool. beats JV i guess! heh

am i the only brit in here? surely some other people know him!:( GO JONNY :D:D:D
 Darth Eggplant
08-29-2002, 4:55 PM
I do not meet many celebs
though my city is crawling
with them now that the toronto
film festival is on
and Tall Guy if you mean EB
as in electronic boutique
they are evil.
I have bought 7 things
from them in my life
and 5 of the seven were deffective,
I never shop with them any longer.
 Huz
08-29-2002, 5:38 PM
No, you're not the only Brit here! I have the ultimate respect for Jonny Vegas after he went on Room 101 and admitted to the nation that he frequents a chat room called "Beauties Castle". Oh man!

As for celebrity sightings, I saw that bloke out of The Royle Family once, but he was (presumably) going about official celebrity business; sitting on a motorised sofa at the finish line to the Great North Run - for some reason.
 Tall Guy
09-02-2002, 4:28 AM
heh, he's pretty famous....you win! :D:D:D
 MeddlingMonk
09-02-2002, 10:12 AM
I met Henry Fonda once. Can anyone top that?
 Sanspoof
09-02-2002, 2:00 PM
I'm a Brit. and a very patriotic one, too!

Don't anger me!

:evil6: :ninja1: :hang1: :axe1:
 MeddlingMonk
09-02-2002, 2:41 PM
I am British.
Hear me whinge.

:D :D :D
 JofaGuht
09-03-2002, 1:31 AM
Yeah, just make Tall Guy feel like crap by saying all the better celebrities you than him. Don't worry. I've never seen a celebrity. Actually, my trip to long island i saw the guy in the Amazing Scrubbing Bubbles commercial. Or something about scrubbing bubbles. I talked to the guy. He's pretty cool. Yeah, he's also a voice talent and he's auditioning for Mad TV. Whatever. Jonny Vegas Beats that. Even though I have no idea who he is. I'm drawing a total blank. But think out weird people stare at you when you're wearing a shirt that has an eyeball with a tophat on. There's a 4 out of 6.2 billion chance that I've met one of those celebrities. Their new CD comes out today in the US. Demons Dance Alone its called.
 Tall Guy
09-03-2002, 4:45 AM
Scrubbing Bubbles commercial man!?!?!

ah man...my celeb is soooo last week :(
 Huz
09-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
heh, he's pretty famous....you win! :D:D:D But he was doing official celebrity stuff. Seeing celebrity types in Asda or something is far cooler!
 GendoTheGreat
09-04-2002, 3:53 AM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk

I met Henry Fonda once.

I thought he was dead?

Can anyone top that?

Yeah I can, actually. One evening early last year God spoke to me after I had four Screwdrivers and ate a large bag of salted peanuts that were past their expiry date.
 Tall Guy
09-04-2002, 5:32 AM
Now I know I'm beaten! :D
 Darth Eggplant
09-04-2002, 12:35 PM
I have never met him personally,
but I have spoken with
the COOLEST person in the UK
and he is TALL GUY!
so TG should not feel deminished.
cause he Rules Brittania man.:jawa
 Tall Guy
09-05-2002, 5:06 AM
*bows* :D heh
 scabb
09-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
... Jonny Vegas walks in! He was looking for a N64 gamepad actually!..

Which goes to show, Mr Vegas has excellent taste.

And Huz, that was the bestest Room 101 effar. I must declare my love for Mr Vegas.

Well, I am a celeberity, really famous one, because I was on TV for a few seconds :P
When I was 11, I was on a show called '50/50', representing my school, Outwood Grange. I'm number 17, just in case you have all the tapes of the show and would like to bow down to me. I didn't get to do anything though.

So, I met Sally Gray, the presenter....she's sort of a celebrity...I also saw that one girl from Hear'Say...Kim, I think...when I went on holiday to Fuerta Ventura with my gigantic family. Mainly because we saw that she was staying at a hotel nearby us in the newspaper, so naturally we snook in and went swimming until she showed up on the deckchairs.

When I grow up, if I have the time, I'm gonna stalk some celeberitys.
 Sanspoof
09-05-2002, 2:10 PM
When I was 11, I was on a show called '50/50'

Ah, that show's boring, well it is now anyway. But it's cool you were on TV. I'm just a depressed psychokinetic freak that only has a computer as a friend...

(I hope my fake sympath works :D )
 Huz
09-05-2002, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by scabb
Well, I am a celeberity, really famous one, because I was on TV for a few seconds :P
When I was 11, I was on a show called '50/50', representing my school, Outwood Grange. I'm number 17Great! Just the sort of rubbish that will get many a repeat on the CBBC channel, once they run out of good stuff to show! This admission could come back to haunt you yet. Insert sinister laugh.
 Tall Guy
09-06-2002, 5:53 AM
...when I was 11, I was on a show called '50/50', representing my school, Outwood Grange....

heh, i hate that show :D:D:D
 Darth Eggplant
09-06-2002, 10:36 AM
I thought you Brits only ever got
programs about cheese on the BBC:jawa
 MeddlingMonk
09-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat

I thought he was dead?

Yes, he's dead now. There was a time when he was alive. :p
 scabb
09-09-2002, 3:50 PM
Heh, I too hate 50/50, even more than Blue Peter. But I was on it so it rules!
 MeddlingMonk
09-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Blue Peter.... The BBC kept that and canceled Doctor Who. Where's the sense in that?
 GendoTheGreat
09-10-2002, 3:50 AM
Blue Peter is a heaped pile of steaming proverbial, but I can't confess to being all that fond of the Dr Who series either. I did like Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy, though. McCoy, IMO, was the best Doctor of all. I still read the books sometimes, mostly the newer ones. I'm just not "into" it like I used to be, I guess.
 Tall Guy
09-10-2002, 5:19 AM
Doctor Who? dont like it either....really dont like it :D
 scabb
09-10-2002, 2:18 PM
I'm not really a Dr Who person either, although I would like a dalek.
 Darth Eggplant
09-10-2002, 4:27 PM
your avitar already has
the chrome dome appearance
so you are part way there
already scabb.

but hey guess who I saw?
every star in town
for the Toronto Film festival.
and Gossip journalists say
that Susan SHarrandon
and Dustin Hoffman
have been spending a lot
of time together
and that she Susan
has been heard to say that
Dustin is so sexy, funny etc
and he Dustin has been heard to say
that she Susan
has an insatiable sexual appetite,
so Tim wake up.
are you being Cuckold?

also funny celebrities,
Insync out of sync
with da Russkies,
Michael Jackson
wants to play
Edgar Allen Poe
and Tom Hanks
wants to be the next
James Bond.
:D
 Tmansdc
09-10-2002, 11:54 PM
I met Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker down here in Vegas when they were filming the last third of Rush Hour 2. That was pretty sweet.
 MeddlingMonk
09-11-2002, 11:11 AM
I'm not really a Dr Who person either, although I would like a dalek.

More than likely the Dalek would have you/
 Tall Guy
09-12-2002, 6:52 AM
<dalekvoice>

PEACE...AND...LOVE!... PEACE...AND...LOVE!

</dalekvoice>
 Darth Eggplant
09-12-2002, 8:52 PM
Jelly Babbies anyone?
 mercatfat
09-12-2002, 9:00 PM
I once did a quickie interview with Woody Allen for the school newspaper a while back. What fun that was.
 Darth Eggplant
10-08-2002, 11:43 AM
I forgot,
I did meet a celebrity once
but I do not think anyone
on forum will know the person
it was 2 years ago
at an aboriginal festival
held in Toronto,
and while there I met Tom King.
Page: 1 of 1