Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corrupt file

Page: 1 of 1
 KFranz3000
08-18-2002, 1:33 AM
I haven't played grim fandango since I moved about a year ago. Now when I try to play the game it sounds like crap when I get to year 4. I looked on the back of my disc B and I have a scratch on the outer edge of my CD. I tried to copy the CD to my hard drive to see if that would help and it is not letting me do it because of the file YEAR4MUS.LAB. I think this is the file that the scratch is on because everything else copied over fine. I can't find the game anywhere (store, internet) and the fact that I love this game makes it worse. Is there any way I would be able to get my hands on just this file so I can finish the game? Would anyone be willing to trade for it with me, or transfer through msn messenger? All I need is this 1 file. HELPPPPPP!!!!
 GendoTheGreat
08-18-2002, 2:31 AM
I think it's illegal to distribute that file. Contact Lucasarts (http://www.lucasarts.com), maybe they'll replace the damaged disk for you.
 Tall Guy
08-18-2002, 7:51 AM
You cant have looked very far if you cant find it on the net...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004WGW1/qid=1029671380/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-7707822-5792900?s=videogames&n=507846) <--- amazon.com

you might want to check ebay too...its dirt cheap.
 GendoTheGreat
08-18-2002, 9:25 AM
Well yes, there is that option. Personally, I'd rather pay nothing for it seeing as I bought it once already.
 KFranz3000
08-18-2002, 11:15 AM
GendoTheGreat hit it on the head. C'mon it's not like I'm asking for the whole game, or like the people that go to forums and ask for someone else's windows xp key because they "lost theirs". And do you honestly think that Lucas Arts is going to replace my disc w/o a receipt after some 2 years of having the game. Don't think so. I doubt I would even get a reply to that email if I submitted it. I know about the legality of the issue but check your hard drive for .mp3 files that you do not own the cd for and then think about the legality of that. It's one file and I OWN the game already.
 MeddlingMonk
08-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Recently one of the Mixnmojo guys sent in to LEC an 11-year-old coupon for a MI disk upgrade...and they sent him the game on CD. So, yeah, I'm guessing they'd replace a damaged disk.
 KFranz3000
08-22-2002, 12:33 AM
From what I hear it will cost me $10. "F" that, I will get it another way. I was hoping to avoid hassle by coming to a forum and posting but that was unsuccessful, as was contacting LucasArts about the issue. SO...I will hit up mIRC and handle business that way because I am not paying for the game twice. Yeah the game is cool, but after thinking it over, it is practically deadstock and I've made up my mind that what I am asking is not piracy if I own the game, and if I download another full copy of disc B then I am within the law. I was just hoping to avoid some run-around that's all, but you know how it is...
Page: 1 of 1