Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any budding artists out there?

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
08-13-2002, 9:50 AM
I was wondering if there was anyone out there willing to volunteer to draw up covers for a 'Tierra de los Muertos' CD? I've e-mailed a few different artists (Paco being one of them) and I can always do it myself... but it would be nice to have someone good to do them, rather than take that alternative. :)

Send some art over, or post it up here if you like. Ta.
 Crocodilic
08-13-2002, 5:51 PM
Alas i have the artist talent of a Small Walnut. So unless you want small walnuts on your front cover i doubt i could help. Even tho I got a B at GCSE 2D art.
 Darth Eggplant
08-19-2002, 11:35 AM
:jawa
I have my own small art studio at home,
not very busy these days,
check out my fan site,
calaverablanca at
www.geocities.com/calaverablanca)

I would do the cover gladdy and for sans fee
just to have kick out of designing something really
godd for GF community.
I plan to buy said cd when it is finished too.

get back to me either way,
if you have someone great if you'ld like to use me:cool:
 Sanspoof
08-19-2002, 1:43 PM
I'm a great artist. And I hope I can do the cover for the CD, but I ain't got a scanner yet, which is a bit of a drop. any other way I could get the sketches to you, like posting?
 Crocodilic
08-19-2002, 7:15 PM
I feel a small competition coming on here to battle of the CD covers/cases. Person with the best design wins something and 2nd get something too. How does that sound 8 of 12?!?!

PreS:
Sanspoof you need to change the Background or the text colour on that website it's unreadable!!!!
 MJ
08-19-2002, 7:52 PM
There may be no need to do something like that. A cartoonist in Queensland named John Cook has volunteered to do the covers, something I'm really happy with because he's great at drawing.

Darth: I've seen your website before (can't remember how I got there!) and I agree that the text colour needs to be changed on a few pages, to make it more readable. Is it your first attempt at a website?

Sanspoof: You probably could do that, but one of the main reasons I'm reluctant to do the covers myself is that I'm not very good at colouring them on the computer. You've seen the pictures I draw! So if you wanted to, you could send it, and I'd probably be very impressed with it. But I don't know if they could be made into covers.

So honestly, give John Cook a chance. He's very good at what he does, his website is here: Sev Wide Web (http://www.sev.com.au/toonzone/whatsnew.asp)

I've been getting quotes for printing CDs. I'll be taking pre-orders soon to get the cash together to print a run of them, with a competition included as an incentive to preorder.

Part 7 will be online later tonight. See ya.
 Crocodilic
08-20-2002, 4:42 PM
Sev's a dude!
 Sanspoof
08-21-2002, 1:44 PM
Erm... what website? I have published my website yet.
 Darth Eggplant
08-26-2002, 6:16 PM
Darth: I've seen your website before
(can't remember how I got there!)
and I agree that the text colour
needs to be changed on a few pages,
to make it more readable.
Is it your first attempt at a website?

:jawa yes some of the colours
are a tad funky,
but no it is not my first site,
and yes that answers the question
of will an Eggplant be designing the cover,
the answer is categorically NO;
because 8 says not so great.
(no worries)
art is meant to be critiqued.
:D however amusingly enough,
is the techno coloured kettle
calling the tie dye tea pot black.
because your forum is screaming
paisley pax fauvism maximus funkadelica!
:jawa
no worries though 8th pastel of 12

I just find it amusing.
 MJ
08-26-2002, 7:35 PM
Quit dissen the poor defencless forum. It's got the grooviest colours this side of the lucasarts network :D

And don't worry, I achnowledge that my art sucks too. That's why I'm getting outside help for the covers. :)
 Darth Eggplant
08-26-2002, 11:37 PM
actually I am waiting on a screen saver program
and I would like to make for you a part one saver,
so that if you did like it you could include them
with your cd to enhance the production value.
once I get the software I will make part one
and send it to you, I still very much like your show.
:D
 MJ
08-26-2002, 11:50 PM
Wow. That'd be great to see. I have no idea how to make screensavers. :)

How would it work?
 Darth Eggplant
08-27-2002, 12:43 AM
:jawa there are several dozen software programs out there, tried several, found one I liked very easy anyone coul do it, called Ace screen saver. it is simple you select images, can make them as size is full screen yada ya... then you select your transition effects and times, so you say 3 secs per image with 2 sec screen transition, you edit and fix it on the fly, and if you like you also add sound files, and when done, you name it and the thing self packages the saver for you. the demo of ace lets you make one saver, you can not make copies, you can but a huge and annoying marqueee rolls across each screen about eye level saying hi I am not registered. anyhow the demo was sufficient to know I liked it, so I had to break down and buy the thing, and am waiting for it to arrive. it has like 40 to plus affects, not all are good, but dozens are good, it makes a cool saver. I will, hold on...
http://www.zbsoft.net/buynow.htm) is where I found it. it is a good and simple program perfect for everybody.:jawa
Page: 1 of 1