Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Windows 2000 trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 sobeone82
08-06-2002, 1:57 AM
I don't know if this even works on Windows 2000. I am not sure if the problem is even related to that. Here it is:
Every time I try to play the game and click the Play Grim Fandango button, a diologue box comes up telling me that I need to install Direct X. When I click install it only gives me the option to reinstall, which I do. However after I do, the same window keeps coming up and there is no way to get around it. I have installed the newest version of Direct X, and still it does it. I thought I found a workaround by opening the game from the program in the Grim folder, but after a few minutes the game crashes. WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!!! Anyone else know of what this could be. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sobeone Out.
 GendoTheGreat
08-06-2002, 4:24 AM
First of all, welcome to the forums.

Windows 2000 has problems across the board. Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. What kind of video card do you have? Win2k has issues with a lot of hardware and the drivers for them. Maybe downloading the latest Win2k for your hardware would help.
 MeddlingMonk
08-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Do you have the Win2k game compatibility update (http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/appcompat/default.asp) installed?
Page: 1 of 1