Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam and Max 2 (Hope? Hahahahah)

Page: 1 of 1
 SyntheticGerbil
08-02-2002, 1:02 PM
Got this from Adventure Gamers:

Sam & Max 2 developer goes bankrupt
Reported 01-08-2002 by Marek Bronstring
Infinite Machine has gone bankrupt. The development company founded by former LucasArts designer Justin Chin finished their first game New Legends earlier this year, which unfortunately wasn't a big financial succes. Infinite Machine announced after the release of New Legends that it was also working on a new Sam & Max action/adventure game. It is not known what will happen with that project, though there are some hints that we shouldn't give up hope entirely just yet. Unfortunately no one at the company could be reached for comment, since its website and email addresses are already no longer working. To be continued?

Of course it's no different than what many newer forum members have been saying. Of course like Jake said, the E-mail was never working. And of course, there is no hardcore proof to lock this case. WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUST GIVE A FRIGGIN' SOURCE?! I mean it's really not that hard. Just write down where you got the news from and so on.
 sheaday6
08-05-2002, 12:04 AM
such is life
 Tmansdc
09-09-2002, 7:03 PM
Ah well, i wasn't looking forward to Infinite Machines sequel anyway. Now Lucasarts sequel I'm looking forward to. I heard that it will have the same writters and directors as the first two am I right or wrong?
 SyntheticGerbil
09-10-2002, 6:32 AM
You are very correct and I am happy.
 Smart_Saber
09-15-2002, 9:52 AM
Yippy skippy and good riddance!
 Jake
09-15-2002, 10:51 PM
The first LEC sequel since Monkey 2 to have the same project leads as the original game?
 FeldmanSkitzoid
09-25-2002, 1:33 AM
So...where's Purcell in all this? I HOPE he'll be a significant member of the team once more, but so far I haven't heard anything. I had heard somewhere that he was working for Pixar for a while, but I haven't found any info to support this.
 SPIT
09-26-2002, 6:44 PM
Im optimistic, because Lucasarts never dumped good projects, they'll just make another development group, or hire someone.
Page: 1 of 1