Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does Maximino's Office Really exist?

Page: 1 of 1
 CHAOSMAN
07-31-2002, 3:53 AM
ive seen screenshot of maximino's office, but ive played the game through many times and have never seen this, was this not included in the game or is their a secret way to access would really like to know because this would get me playing the game all over again just to find out thanks ;)
 Metallus
07-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Ooh, I know, I know! I played through Grim Fandango the first time without stepping into his office. It doesn't serve any purpose but more interaction with characters, so you don't need to talk to him to beat the game.

However, I found his office the second time around. You have to go in there BEFORE Nick leaves his seat at the table, and you won't have the option to go in there after Nick is in the meeting with Max.
 CHAOSMAN
07-31-2002, 8:17 PM
where exactly in the lounge do i go to check it out?
 Metallus
07-31-2002, 9:11 PM
It's one of the background doors in the same room where nick is. I can't remember which.
 MeddlingMonk
08-01-2002, 12:23 AM
It's not too hard to find. It's in the back wall on the left side of the screen.

Now as for not going into a place, I bet I can take first prize. It was probably about two years before I tried driving the Bone Wagon down the ramp in the forest. :cool:
 Isis Kaldara
08-01-2002, 12:34 AM
I did that about the 32nd time around.
 GendoTheGreat
08-01-2002, 12:44 AM
I had trouble with the tree with the spinning wheel thingy on it. I had no idea how I was supposed to co-ordinate the wheelbarrow with the steam pipes, so I had to fluke it. Bloody annoying.
 Darth Eggplant
08-15-2002, 12:24 AM
I still fluke through the pipes
on the tree bit, no idea at all
what is happening there,
I figure the folks at Lucasarts
took pity and if you do it
enough times, they give it to you.

and the roundabout in the trees
was annoying too, I drove them
so many times and never thought
to grab the sign post.
I also never quite remember
where to stick the silly sign
once I have it.

as for a header on Maximino's office
I am not there yet but will save game
and try for it and the lounge once
I do get there. I have been so busy
with other stuff and building
Calaverablanca that I have not played
in a long time now.
 Gabez
09-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Yes. And don't forget that you can get into it after the meeting, too. I think you get a whole new branch of conversation then. In fact, you do. Try it!
 GendoTheGreat
09-04-2002, 5:57 PM
I have a question: In year three, you're supposed to have a conversation with Domino in his office at the edge of the world. I know, because I listened to it with SCUMMRev. But I'm damned if I can figure out how to initiate dialogue with him, I've tried everything I can think of but there just doesn't seem to be a way. Anyone know how?
 Huz
09-04-2002, 8:38 PM
Someone posted the answer to this on the adventuregamers.com forums a while back. I'd post a link, but they're down right now. Snarl.

The gist of it is, there was originally a lot more dialogue than was included in the finished game. It was removed so as to be less patronising to the player (who can figure most of it out by himself), but the speech files were overlooked and left in.

The original poster was a semi-regular here anyway, so they'll set me right if I'm wrong. :)
 Darth Eggplant
09-05-2002, 12:26 PM
:jawa
not Maximino's office
but I noticed that befor Manny
leaves his office you can see
the shadow of his name on the carpet.
(neat touch of realism there.)
so classy.
*or should I say glassy*
 Sanspoof
09-05-2002, 2:16 PM
I just LOVE finding secrets and easter eggs in games! I wish adventuregamers.com weren't out. There's a link to their in-joke file at DOTT com. I like In-Jokes, but are there that many in GF?
 MeddlingMonk
09-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Huz
The original poster was a semi-regular here anyway, so they'll set me right if I'm wrong. :)

Yeah, I was the one who posted that. I don't know about 'patronising' so much as they cut things that connected the dots for the player. The year three stuff with Domino doesn't all fall into that category; maybe there were time pressures involved that made it simpler to cut the whole thing rather than specific lines/dialog options. But that's just a guess.
Page: 1 of 1