Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tierra de los Muertos, Part IV

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
07-30-2002, 1:14 PM
What I'd mostly like to know for this part is if you think the echo effect should be removed from the part in the City Archives. It could be a little annoying, or too hard to understand. Your opinions count!

The part of the Great Sage was played by Godfrey Tanner, who passed away on the 10th July. He'll be missed.
 Crocodilic
07-31-2002, 9:22 AM
I cant say i really noticed the Echo effect - I did think that the bloke sounded like Slarty Bartfast from HHGG. Still waiting for the Cast photos etc!!
 GendoTheGreat
08-01-2002, 6:23 PM
It makes my speakers crackle.
 Gabez
08-03-2002, 9:16 AM
I liked the echo effect. It made the audience know for certain where the characters were, and that kind of thing can only be good in my opinion.

I think Part 4 is my favoruite part so far... keep it up! :)
 Sanspoof
08-03-2002, 10:28 AM
I think the echo gives the City thingy a bit of depth, but yes, they are pretty difficult to understand. And frankly, I also think that there's a teeny tiny problem in understanding the difference between Number 2 and the other guy. The mafia one. I can't tell who's speaking really. I think that there should be some way in explaining all this, maybe a comic strip or possibly a way of saying how Number 2 got to the LOTD anyway. It's all sooooooooo confusing...
 Crocodilic
08-03-2002, 12:38 PM
I think thats kinda the point. Having the echo just makes you listen more intensly. As for the comic strip, I think thats a bad idea because its suppose to be a radio show. Undoubtably the more episodes you listen to the clearer things will become or at least clear enough to not require information about characters' pasts. If you explained the entire life/deaths of everyone who was anyone in the radio play we would have 100episodes!
 MJ
08-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Sanspoof, did you download the other parts?

Part 1 actually features the death of Tomas Encion (the fast talking mafia guy) , while Part 2 explains how number 2, a mortal, came to be in the land of the dead. Needless to say, it's a silly explanation. :)

Personally, I won't draw it up as a comic strip because I don't have the patience to do it. If you want to see my drawing efforts, my online comic, 'My Unimatrix', is here:
My Unimatrix (http://handbook.sevspace.com/unimatrix/)

But if somebody wants to draw it up just for the fun of it (wonder if Paco Vink has the next ten years free?) then I won't protest. :D
Page: 1 of 1