Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Are you new to modeling well...

Page: 1 of 1
 oreo
03-15-2002, 2:58 AM
hi i really appreciate u posting this video but am i missing something here? the movie goes like SUPER FAST!!! 1 second u see the start then the next the scree has already changed and filled with shapes and stuff... and the resolution is a bit low, to me i have no idea to make out wut r u doing
 Twisted Vertex
07-24-2002, 4:50 PM
Well i have just the thing. I bought the most recent version of techsmith program. I made a movie for you noobs. It is HOW TO MAKE YOUR saber from scratch. well i even go through EVERYTHING. uvw mapping, tag, and basic layout and such. Its not perfect, its only my first. The problem is when i have this thing running, everythin slows down to a crawl

the video is 23 minutes long, and looking for someone to either host it or ask me for it.
 KBell
07-24-2002, 5:02 PM
sure ill try it out just send me it at Bakers8er@Yahoo.com

Oh and check your PM's
 Twisted Vertex
07-24-2002, 5:11 PM
its 17.2 megs, so i am not sure yahoo can take it.

The tutorial starts a little slow, becasue like I said everything goes to a crawl, I have yet to figure out a soultion, when i do I will make another just like it.
 Leonheart
07-24-2002, 5:30 PM
a movie eh :)

if you could, send it to me and i will try to get it posted on my website.

ICQ - 69220758
MSN - chillingheart@hotmail.com
AIM- Lovesassasin50

I am online a lot so keep checking
 Gram_Reaper
07-24-2002, 6:15 PM
yeah if you want to send it this way if you cant find the space, my msn handle is insane_30@hotmail.com
 Twisted Vertex
07-24-2002, 6:35 PM
www.angelfire.com/freak2/musashi/Saber.zip)

ok here it is, um the quality sucks, But i am gonna fix it up right now.....So i am making a new one as you read this.
 Twisted Vertex
07-24-2002, 7:11 PM
ok, here we go an NEW one BUT, the site got excessive bandwith consuption. So, This new one is the same, Only i worked in a larger window, and used window capture instead of screen. So everything is much clearer. I apolozie there is no sound, becasue I don't have a mic.
 Twisted Vertex
07-24-2002, 8:57 PM
Ok i got it up and running folks

http://woopadesign.web1000.com/saber2.zip)
http://woopadesign.web1000.com/codec.zip)

It has having trouble there for a bit, it seems if you put a www, in front of the url, you get a college babes pron site.

Please post any comments, I am all ears on information. Anything will help to get rid of the choppy factor.
 MUHAHAHAHAHA
08-02-2002, 8:05 AM
musashi122, any hope of rehosting this somewhere else? The links don't seem to work anymore.
 Bell
08-02-2002, 2:21 PM
didn't work for me either i'd love to get my hands on it
 -[MotU]-Lyger|=-
08-02-2002, 4:09 PM
yeah i cant get ahold of it either
 KMan
08-02-2002, 4:18 PM
I was going to host it on my site, but once I saw it, I decided no too. No offence, it just isn't a practical way to make a good saber.
Page: 1 of 1