Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's a Lightsaber good for?

Page: 1 of 1
 Luke Seaswimmer
03-14-2002, 8:53 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'd better bone up on my saber moves. I tried to duke it out with a bot yesterday, and got my clock cleaned (as opposed to getting my pipes cleaned, which is far more pleasureable :-> )

Any tips on saber fighting? E.g. keyboard keys placements, what kind of tactics to use on different kind of enemies, etc.
 Luke Seaswimmer
07-24-2002, 1:00 AM
Hi, I'm YAN (Yet Another Newbie) :-)

The forum's "Search" function is off line, so I decide to post the question.

I'm still at the Nar Shaddaa street level, and I found that I use the disruptor more that I use the Saber. In fact, the Saber is near useless in this level. I can block attacks from bowcasters, but not from snipers and disruptors.

So is the Saber good only for dueling with characters w/ Force powers?

Or is the level 1 Force simply not useful enough?

Or maybe I lack a patch? :-)

If I do use Sabers as much as possible here, will that accelerate my getting higher Force powers?

Thanks for any info

PS: I also want to ask about creating the optimal keyboard configuration (F1 is a bit too far away), but maybe I should wait until the "Search" is back on line.
 Hanch Saode
07-24-2002, 7:58 AM
I promise you...once you get on from Nar Shaddaa, your saber will be your most precious ally...

Due to all the snipers in the lvl you are at, yes, the saber is not that good...but later on...you will be happy to have it with you..
Page: 1 of 1