Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I got PROBLEMS with STAR WARS!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 ET Warrior
03-14-2002, 8:37 PM
Well, anakin's virgin birth is because he was concieved by the midichlorians themselves, they created him to bring balance to the force.

His rescue wasn't so much in the nic of time, as it was all his mom needed to feel complete and stop trying to hold onto life. She desperately needed to see the man her son had become, and so she was clinging to life as hard as she could. His arrival allowed her to let go and finally die.
 sexcellent
07-24-2002, 12:15 AM
BIG PROBLEMS

1. medichlorian count is the stupidest thing that has ever entered the star wars saga. it totally disagrees with the way obi wan describes the force to luke. there is NO NEED for a scientific explanation for something that is completely fantastic! what are they trying to prove... that he is more powerful then yoda??? whats wrong with it being questionable... besides they felt the force in him, thats all they should go by if the TRUST IN THEIR FEELINGS.

2. next in line is the virgin birth of anakin! please! that is sooooooo unnecassary i'm sorry. this does not offend me becuase of references to jesus. i am a hard core christian and this only offends me becuase i am a star wars fan! this is insane! "i dont know next thing i know i was pregnant" PAAAALEEEEEASE spare me of the rediciousness. george spare me!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. the next thing was how anakin managed to reach his mom just in time for her to say her last words. PLEASE thats unrealistic even in star wars. he should have made it to her after she died, it would have been more believable. why did they have to make her alive? so she can say "i love you"? like he didnt know that? if his mother and he had a bad relationship i can understand but there is no need for her to get her last words in which had no impact on the story.

4. i heard that in the digitally remastered "a new hope", the scene with han and greedo is changed a bit to where han only shoots greedo becuase greedo is reaching for his gun. in the original han shoots him becuase he predicts whats coming. PLEASE GERORGE, spare me from the unnecassary political correctness. besides that's changing han's character. one thing that i loved about han is that he is somewhat original in his unorthodox behavior which is characteristic of a cool rebel. did he change that because kids were shooting eachother or something? "ok kids its not right to shoot eachother unless the other person gets ready to whip out their gun".

sorry i'm a HUGE star wars fan but those things were built up inside of me, and i had to let them out. what do you all think about them? go ahead bring the heat, i'm ready for it. in fact i'm looking forward to what some of you have to say.
 MotionMan
07-24-2002, 1:28 AM
1. He has the highest Midichlorian count cause he is the chosen one. He is to bring ballance to the force and he does in ROTJ.
It may be a bit silly but I dont find it too absurd even if it was an EU thing.

2. Your a hardcore christian and your screen name is Sexcellent?
Anyhow this will be explained more thouroughly in ep.3 Most of what you stated has been discused before.
Look here :
http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66550)

3.She was holding on to her last thread of life. Looking at anakin was a great shock to her. She told him she loved him and she might have felt complete. She no longer needed to hold on. She had seen her son after all those years. The shock may have been to much for her. The scene was necesasry to show how much Anakin cared for her. Plus when she died in his arms it fueled Anakins rage even more so. Thats why we see him slaughter the tuskan raiders. It was one of his first steps to going to the dark side.

4.Whats wrong with Lucas adding new footage? I for one except any new footage. Sorry Lucas is ruining "YOUR" image of Han. Lucas created Han. He can do as he pleases with him. If George had listened to what people expected from the SW movies, we wouldnt have had all the great movies he has put forth. The new trilogy has been in his head since the 70's. This is how he always wanted SW to be.
 Arkum
07-24-2002, 1:58 AM
seriously why can't you people just sit back relax and enjoy a movie? no offense.
 AgentSmith
07-24-2002, 8:27 AM
I agree with Arkum on that one.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the movie(s). I personally love Star Wars, movies and EU. You don't have to agree though, you can have your own opinion but I'm not going to enter such a debate because in the end people end up argueing over nothing but personal opinions. :p

(Am I not trying to be mr. niceguy here? :p I hope I'm not trying too hard. :p)
 Kryllith
07-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by sexcellent
1. medichlorian count is the stupidest thing that has ever entered the star wars saga. it totally disagrees with the way obi wan describes the force to luke. there is NO NEED for a scientific explanation for something that is completely fantastic! what are they trying to prove... that he is more powerful then yoda??? whats wrong with it being questionable... besides they felt the force in him, thats all they should go by if the TRUST IN THEIR FEELINGS.
I actually like the midichlorians. It certainly explains why some people have the ability to become Jedis and others do not. If everyone had the ability to become Jedis then you'd find a heck of a lot more people using Jedi mind tricks and such out there. I don't see this as being any different then some people being say... bigger, stronger, faster, better balanced, or various other characteristics for which genetics plays a big part. The idea of midichlorians gives reason as to WHY the children of Anakin would pose a threat to him... genetically they're predisposed towards being highly Force Sensitive. The midichlorians simply represents that.

3. the next thing was how anakin managed to reach his mom just in time for her to say her last words. PLEASE thats unrealistic even in star wars. he should have made it to her after she died, it would have been more believable. why did they have to make her alive? so she can say "i love you"? like he didnt know that? if his mother and he had a bad relationship i can understand but there is no need for her to get her last words in which had no impact on the story.
I think Motionman covered this quite well. She was hanging on to whatever life she had left. When see re-encountered Anakin, she was able to go peacefully. In fact, she total Anakin that she was complete (or something to that extent).

4. i heard that in the digitally remastered "a new hope", the scene with han and greedo is changed a bit to where han only shoots greedo becuase greedo is reaching for his gun. in the original han shoots him becuase he predicts whats coming. PLEASE GERORGE, spare me from the unnecassary political correctness. besides that's changing han's character. one thing that i loved about han is that he is somewhat original in his unorthodox behavior which is characteristic of a cool rebel. did he change that because kids were shooting eachother or something? "ok kids its not right to shoot eachother unless the other person gets ready to whip out their gun".
Man, I sure hope this means he's changing this back to the way it was in the original movie. I know the PC change made in the Special Edition (where Han only fires his gun after Greedo fires) has been the highest why-the-heck-did-you-go-and-change-that-for complaint I (and various others I've spoken with) have had. As for him firing because greedo is reaching for his gun... I doubt that. Greedo had his gun drawn upon him since they encountered each other. I imagine if there is going to be a change, it's just going to be to take out Greedo's point-blank-but-still-misses shot and give back Han his no-nonsence dignity.

Kryllith
 sexcellent
07-24-2002, 8:41 PM
wow thanks for the responses. you guys have definately swayed me into accepting these things i had problems with. i still have my personaly feelings on the medichlorians, but as far as the han thing, your right lucas probably couldnt make a clip of greedo reaching for the gun. i guess anikans virgin birth is still a mystery but whatever george says is gonna have to be fine with me. anakins rescue in the nic of time seemed just a bit too perfect, but then again if the force guides us, dark or light then the dark side of the force helped him make it so that he could see her die.

thanks again all! i was being severely critical and its only becuase i wanted some answers.
Page: 1 of 1