Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sending Heartbeat not resolving

Page: 1 of 1
 Jah Warrior
07-23-2002, 7:08 AM
Is there something wrong here, it seems that there is problem with my dedicated server. The console indicates that a heartbeat is sentout but after the first time, it stops resolving the master server ip for Gamespy and the ravensoft server.

This is obviously de-listing my server as there are no players joining now, anyone know how to fix this if it is something that can be fixed from my end?

Any help apreciated.
 Jasco Smlee
07-23-2002, 7:13 AM
Is your net connection ok? I usually only get resolving errors when my connection has died. Are you using any sort of router or other internet sharing?
 pvc
07-23-2002, 10:08 AM
What kind of box u are using? Win or Linux. On my machine, filtering was a problem - since heartbeat is send on different ports then the game itself - (as far I remember).

Be more specific - it would help

PVC
 Jah Warrior
07-23-2002, 11:48 AM
Hitch warning: 3176 msec frame time
Resolving masterjk2.ravensoft.com
masterjk2.ravensoft.com resolved to 204.97.248.90:28060
Sending heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com
Resolving clanservers.net
clanservers.net resolved to 208.152.157.130:28060
Sending heartbeat to clanservers.net
Resolving master0.gamespy.com
master0.gamespy.com resolved to 216.177.89.34:28060
Sending heartbeat to master0.gamespy.com
]heartbeat
]heartbeat
Hitch warning: 1378 msec frame time

this is whats happening, its a windows box and its using the exact same config that has always worked perfectly. As you can see the first time it sends a heart beat it resolves then after that it stops and gets removed from the master list, is there anything that can be done, i did try to reinstall to no avail.

Any advice or better still a solution would be appreciated greatly fellas.
 Jasco Smlee
07-23-2002, 11:51 AM
AFAIK it will only resolve when you first start the server. After that it just sends the heartbeat as it's already resolved the address. Are you sure it actually gets removed from the master list?
 Jah Warrior
07-23-2002, 12:03 PM
positive, i asked a friend to check it out and he's in germany and he said it was not on the list. I also got some messages asking why the server hasnt been up when its been up all the time.

check for your self if you can its called -]Hermes-Place[-1.04-SE.

I mean the server is nearloy always full to capacity and its been as quiet as a grave for the last couple of days, the only people that have connected are those that have the server in favourites.:confused:
 Naked Willard
07-23-2002, 12:10 PM
The same thing happens to me. When I try to start my server the console comes up and then stops at
"Hitch warning: 2333659 msec frame time
Resolving masterjk2.ravensoft.com
masterjk2.ravensoft.com resolved to 204.97.248.90:28060
Hitch warning: 3537 msec frame time"
and goes no further. At times when I'v had my server up it never appears on the list, I have had serveral friends check it out and can never find it. I would love for a solution to this, it really p!sses me off.
 Jasco Smlee
07-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Seems similar to problems people had in this (http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68695) thread. I was able to find your server using Pathfinder (http://home.t-online.de/home/christian.rodemeyer/pathfinder.htm). Try temporarily changing the port number or doing this (http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69987).
 BF_Hoby
07-23-2002, 10:46 PM
No it does not need to resolve each time.. It only does that the first time. Then it just keeps using the same ip and sends heartbeat. THis is how it was programmed.

I found the problem and posted it in other threads but will do so here too:

If your using 1.04 the current fix for admins.. (and I admin this SUX BIG TIME) is the following:

First here is problem:
Raven's master servers keep the full ist of servers but now keeps track of what server is running what version. The client now gets this list and only shows the 1.04 servers. Problem is raven is having problems keeping their list accurate. They keep bumping 1.04 servers back to 1.03a/1.02 when they are really running 1.04.

Here are the known fixes:

1) Take server offline for 30-50 minutes and then try again. During this time raven should clear your server from the cache and when you bring it back up it your new hearbeat should update ravens list and list the server as a 1.04.

2) change your port. THis adds a new record to the master list causing raven to add you as a 1.04 server.

3) change your ip. same thing.

PRoblem is twice now they have unlisted us from the 1.04 list. I have had to on both occassions just take our server offline for an hour and back up. Then it relisted.

THIS REALLY SUXORS BAD because its killing the JK2 community and its all raven's fault.

Thanks Raven!

Cheers!
Page: 1 of 1