Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Advice Needed To Balance Play

Page: 1 of 1
 Nuke
03-15-2002, 4:47 AM
Originally posted by DaNameLessOne
I have a player that connects and he is REAL good.

I am using the Vulcanis Admin Mod, and would like to balance play. Is there a way to limit the damage of the heavy style? I really do not want to empower everyone and not empower him. Does not seem fair. Advice needed please.......

BTW I have played him and gotten 0wn3d by him. No biggie I am now a better player for it.

I hope that you dont change anything. You are completely right with all what you said. But if you would change the "balance" you are contradicting yourself. So dont change anything. Let him win, if he is better. He derserves it. Don't kick him as long as he does not insult so. The other (weaker) player should just learn. If they are weaker they deserve to loose.

If you change the config because of them, you will ruin the game!
 DaNameLessOne
07-20-2002, 10:46 PM
I have a player that connects and he is REAL good. Whenever he joins though the server empties, because he frags the hell out of everybody. They try to vote him off, and I get a million requests to ban him.

I refuse to ban him because he is not cheating. I have joined spectators and followed him. Some people have gotten close to killing him in duels but can't seem to deliver the final blow. It is skill pure and simple. He is good with the heavy style. He does not kick anymore at my request, and I know that he has been banned from several servers. Why some admins bow to the pressure......

I am using the Vulcanis Admin Mod, and would like to balance play. Is there a way to limit the damage of the heavy style? I really do not want to empower everyone and not empower him. Does not seem fair. Advice needed please.......

BTW I have played him and gotten 0wn3d by him. No biggie I am now a better player for it.
 blackfire
07-20-2002, 11:16 PM
There is a way, but the problem is that it's another mod. So you basicly have a choice; a really cool admin mod or a mod that lets you customize all attacks.

The mod I'm talking about is the Duel_SE mod which can be gotten at:
http://www.nitemares.de/duel_se/)

Personally I gave up the admin options for the gameplay and it's worth it(IMHO). But it's up to you of course.

But at the same time, maybe your players just need to practice and get better and stop whinning to you. :p As long as he isn't cheating or spamming moves to the point that it's ruining everyone's fun, I personally wouldn't worry about it. I mean the Red stance is already much slower than the others as it is, so lowering damage on it would pretty much make it useless.

Just my humble opinion:D
 DaNameLessOne
07-21-2002, 2:53 AM
Thanks for the link :) I'll take a look and see how I can tweak the damage. It will be good to be able to lower the damage on the specials. Played on my server today for a while and noticed a lot of people spamming the heavy special.

Why I don't know I just roll out of the way, wait for them to land and slash the hell out them ;)

Limiting kick damage is a good thing too. hmmm might implement this tonight :D
 Jah Warrior
07-21-2002, 3:47 AM
Can't agree more, this mod really is awesome well worth downloading, it really does help to balance the play. I was astonished to discover that the default damage for the Heavy Lunge was 180hp. Being as we have no health powerups on our server i turned it down to 125hp and made the minimum damage it can do 2hp, this way you really do have to hit dead on to get the 1 hit kill
 [JHQ]Inty
07-21-2002, 5:17 AM
what's the guy's name?
 DaNameLessOne
07-21-2002, 5:31 AM
His name is [TW]Pure-Evil

I asked him no kick he stopped kicking. I asked him not to use the Heavy Special he stopped. He's just real good. My server runs pure and he does not use a special skin. Newbies just complain that he has to be cheating. I have killed him a few times. Very few....:rolleyes:

I have gone into spectator mode and followed him. Users get close to killing him. When I enable lightening they spam lightening to kill him.... It gets ridiculous...... Server then empties.....

Right now I am fighting with the Duel_SE mod. It does not want to start up... Something in the bfa.cfg file I set ius screwing something up.....
Page: 1 of 1