Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vong conquest...

Page: 1 of 1
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 12:22 AM
[SPOILER INFO COULD POSSABLY BE DISPLAYED IN THIS THREAD SO VIEW AT YOUR DESCRETION...ALTHOUGH NOT INFO FROM EPSODE II, BUT INFO ON VONG]

Okay for those of you who gulped down the entire Rebirth book in three hours. What do you think will be the Vong's next target and what do you think will happen in "Star by Star" (the next book)
 Kvan
09-08-2001, 12:45 AM
I don't know but Kyp is kind of creepy hitting on Jaina at his age :band: .....at least thats what I heard he did..
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Kvan
I don't know but Kyp is kind of creepy hitting on Jaina at his age :band: .....at least thats what I heard he did..

Yep he was...tring to seducer her...to become his "apprentince"
 Tie Guy
09-08-2001, 9:40 AM

Kyps not that old, although Jaina is young...oh well, it happens. I got the impression he really did want her as his apprentice, not that he was simply hitting on her.

Anyways, it says that they are going to hit Thyferra, which i would do too as soon as possible if i were them. The Rebels can't survive without their bacta.
 Kvan
09-08-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Kyps not that old, although Jaina is young...oh well, it happens. I got the impression he really did want her as his apprentice, not that he was simply hitting on her.

Anyways, it says that they are going to hit Thyferra, which i would do too as soon as possible if i were them. The Rebels can't survive without their bacta.
Yeah I think he did but it stilled seemed like he was putting the moves on her.
:) Tie you still call the "Rebels"?
 Tie Guy
09-08-2001, 12:13 PM

Yeah I think he did but it stilled seemed like he was putting the moves on her.
:) Tie you still call the "Rebels"?

Old habits die hard.
 observer_20000
09-08-2001, 12:15 PM

Bacta's produced synthetically, it says so in one of the X-wing books, or one of the essential guides, I can't remember which, Thyferrea is where most of the production facilities are, but they don't need Thyferrea itself, and anyway, people can still be healed without bacta, yes it will be a serious blow to the New Republic, but it's nit like they'll be dead without a fight.
 die rebel scum
09-08-2001, 1:45 PM
As far as I'm concerned he was trying to make her his "APPRENTICE," but we all know the truth behind his actions, he was freakin hitting on her, yep its true

The alliance will die as will your friends
-Emperor
 Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 3:36 PM
Hey there is two new books coming out in 2002.

(Check out my site for more info http://EmpireOfCoruscant.cjb.net/) )
 Thrawn
09-08-2001, 4:08 PM
I like the NJO books. The Vong are pretty cool. I think that they are smart to hit Thyferra. What I'm wondering is if the will USE the bacta. It's not a machine, and it could be blended with their armor to be even better at healing! That is my main concern about them hitting Thyferra. :eek:
 Tie Guy
09-08-2001, 4:28 PM
I don't think so, they like to keep their scars remember. Bacta gets rid of scars, so they wouldn't like it. They just want to deny it to the alliance.

Oh, and i didn't mean that the alliance would die without a fight if they didn't have bacta, but they would probably loose the war, as they can't heal many people. Remeber the "Bacta War"? the rebels were on the brink of losing the war....again, but Rogue Squadron saved them...again.
 Admiral Thrawn
09-08-2001, 4:34 PM
The new books kinda hint how the bacta might be saved.
 Gamma732
09-08-2001, 5:01 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that flew through Rebirth really fast... ;)

What is it with Star Wars and weird relationships? Anakin and Amidala. Now Kyp's going after Jaina......sure, Kyp's not that old, he's around 30 I believe, but Jaina's 17. Thats a little less then half his age! Thats just wrong...

I'm glad to see the 'unsanctioned' action against the Vong. Maybe the Republic will finally do something . I'm getting sick of the lack of any kind of action against the Vong whatsoever.
 observer_20000
09-08-2001, 7:34 PM
I don't think so, they like to keep their scars remember. Bacta gets rid of scars, so they wouldn't like it. They just want to deny it to the alliance.

Oh, and i didn't mean that the alliance would die without a fight if they didn't have bacta, but they would probably loose the war, as they can't heal many people. Remeber the "Bacta War"? the rebels were on the brink of losing the war....again, but Rogue Squadron saved them...again.

Well anyway, Thyferrea is one of the major planets of the New Republic, its defense fleet most likely numbers within the hundreds (that's only counting the capital ships) and they can use their fighters, which if all ships are filled to their capacity, will be at least 10'000.
My point is that the Vong will more likely go after weaker targets.
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by observer_20000

Well anyway, Thyferrea is one of the major planets of the New Republic, its defense fleet most likely numbers within the hundreds (that's only counting the capital ships) and they can use their fighters, which if all ships are filled to their capacity, will be at least 10'000.
My point is that the Vong will more likely go after weaker targets.

You never know...Flel'ya may go bonkers and order the defence of Corascant a primary objective and drain ships from thyferra:rolleyes:

I still think It is insane the Flel'ya is Chief of State:o
 xwing guy
09-08-2001, 8:27 PM
Felya chief of state?!:eek: I haven't read any of the NJO but I still know quite a bit about whats happened. How did feyla become chief of state? Why isn't Leia chief of state or that Ponc Gravisom guy from the Hand of Tharwn duelogy? No wonder the New Rep is losing in the war against the vong. It would be nice if the vong assinated Felya, then Leia would be chief of state again and the New Rep could take action against the vong.:)
Page: 1 of 1