Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are the requirements to become a SIth in this game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Revan Bakr'
07-18-2002, 11:50 PM
One of my informants told me it would be difficult, but I'll do anything!
 Jan Gaarni
07-19-2002, 12:03 AM
How can I put this ...

Never ever in a million years will you be able to become a Sith!!! Noone will! :D

I suggest you shoot your informant, cause he's the worst one out there. :p

The closest anyone would ever come to be a Sith, is as a servant. But I don't think that option is in the game. ;)
 Koffin
07-19-2002, 3:39 AM
You'd have to learn how to breath funny or paint your face red.
 setsuko
07-19-2002, 9:18 AM
...or become very old and shriweled, wear black robes and grow lightning bolts from your fingertips.

But seriously, there's two sith in SWG: Darthy Boy, and L'empereur. Sorry, both seats are taken.

Dark Jedi, though, is possible. Then you JUST have to become jedi, fall to the dark side, and survive all fiftytwelwe factions that would want your hide. So no sweat, it's easy! :)
 Ewok Hunter
07-19-2002, 12:42 PM
yeah, you only have to become a jedi :rolleyes:, it is highly unlikely that you'll become a jedi, and like setsuko said, there is always the rule of 2 to think about ;)
 FunClown
07-19-2002, 6:59 PM
You have basically ZERO chance.

To become a Sith in this game Star Wars canon will have to be altered so as you can have more than two Sith at a time. To alter this, the game developers would have to go right to the top to George Lucas and he would have to alter the Star Warts continuity.

Hope that helps. Unless your informant is George Lucas, then forget what I said. :)
 Wraith 8
07-19-2002, 7:03 PM
Jedi or dark jedi... bot will be hunted by vader and the emp.

like said before.
To be dark jedi.
first you must become a jedi wich is very hard.
then you will have to fall to the dark side.... dont know how that is.
then you will have to stay alive to enjoy your little game wich you play 10$ a month for to be hunted down by vader ALL the time...

(is this discouraging? :))

someone said on the forums (cant remeber who)
if you find someone who is a zabrak, has red an black tattoos on his head. is a sith. has a double bladed red lightsaber.
then think of this man as your GOD... cause NO one NO one.... will get that......
 Koffin
07-19-2002, 11:29 PM
if you find someone who is a zabrak, has red an black tattoos on his head. is a sith. has a double bladed red lightsaber.
then think of this man as your GOD... cause NO one NO one.... will get that......

:dsaber:

LOL, I might just paint my face red and black, rig up the old flashlight/lightsaber trick again, and strut my stuff around the galaxy. Get as much homage as I can before my batteries run out...:dmaul3:
 Ewok Hunter
07-20-2002, 3:29 AM
here, want one of those little flashy devil-horn things to round out the costume ;).
 D@rth M@ul
07-21-2002, 2:48 AM
Okay first of all, I read somewhere that Darth Vader will die
or one of the Sith Lord's will die in one of the upcoming expansions
if memory serves correct. But I doubt a player will be able to take
the spot of the sith.

And I see nothing wrong with being a zabrak with likeness to
Darth Maul. Thats my plan, going all out, red crystal in my dual
saber, Dark Jedi.

And I do not think it will be as hard as you guys portray. Sure it
will be tough but if your heart is set on becoming a Jedi, you will
probably just have to keep aquiring skill and then you will be
come force sensative. Also, I hope when I fall, it will be for a good
reason. I think I will cut up some govenors or maybe throw a
chair at Luke.

Only time will tell.

Sith servent would be cool, like an apprenticeship but just
without the apprentice part.... :/
 Jan Gaarni
07-21-2002, 6:56 AM
Well, by 'servant' I didn't mean necessarly being Force Sensitive. You can be part of the Sith Cult without being Force Sensitive. Take the Secret Order of the Emperor for instance. A group of loyal servants who preform special duties for the Emperor by being his eyes and ears for him.

And the death of Vader was meantioned in a possible expansion beyond RotJ. The Emperor would also be dead at this time. And since you need training by a Sith Lord to become a true Sith, this would not be easy, not to mention impossible.

You could always become a Dark Jedi and claim yourself a Sith, but without the teachings of the Sith way, you would'nt really be a Sith.

And for the Jedi part:
Sure, becomming a Jedi (this is what you strive for after you become Force sensitive) is all in having faith in yourself to become one. Not to lose that faith during your training. You do, or do not. If you only try to become one, you will most likely fail.

As for becomming Force sensitive, there's a whole myriad of combinations that could be made, that it would take incrediable long time to find the right combination for your character.
 Ewok Hunter
07-22-2002, 3:46 PM
well, there are always the evil sith holocrons..... but they probably only contain generic dark force training ;).
 MikeC
07-23-2002, 9:44 AM
I think your source is smoking something illegal on the Darth Vader death thing. We have been told by the Dev's that the timeline will be essentially stagnant between ANH and ESB. We also know that important NPCs (basically those we see in the movies or know of their fates from other sources) cannot be killed because it would be a serious break with continuity.

you will
probably just have to keep aquiring skill and then you will be
come force sensative.What skill? The only thing we know is that the path to becoming FS/Jedi will be different for every player. We have also been told by the Dev's that there will be VERY few Jedi in the game.
 Jan Gaarni
07-23-2002, 11:40 AM
So, you're back, Mike? :)
 MikeC
07-23-2002, 1:02 PM
:( No. You will occasionally see me making posts from work if I have some spare time though.
 Jan Gaarni
07-23-2002, 1:40 PM
Bummer. :(

So how long you think till you fixed or replaced your comp then?
 MikeC
07-23-2002, 3:57 PM
No clue. It's still under waranty, but I was making very little progress over the phone w/ Dell tech support so I took it to a friend who knows more about computers than I do. I have been having a hard time getting in touch with him lately (he was out of town, then he was sick, then I was out of town...) - so I really don't know just what the problem is or what needs to be done. I've already replaced the motherboard, processor and power supply.
 D@rth M@ul
07-25-2002, 8:53 PM
I've always had computer trouble. Damn those computer gods.
 Mandalorian iTi
07-25-2002, 9:14 PM
Originally posted by Thew Rydur
There are more Jedi around at this time period who weren't in the moives. Take C'Boath (sp?) for instance and then of course there was the dark jedi C'Boath killed. I remeber reading somewhere that Ki-Adi-Mundi's apprentice survived the purge too...
o well thx, i just learned something, i am inlightened
 D@rth M@ul
07-25-2002, 9:19 PM
:skul5: :skul5:

Maybe in an expansion you will be able to uncover the teachings
of the sith seeing as the only sith will be dead.

hopefully I will be able to be a sith underling at least.
 Jan Gaarni
07-25-2002, 9:25 PM
Jorus C'Baoth is long dead. He died sometime between Ep I and II.

What you are thinking of is the clone of C'Baoth, Joruus (notice the slight difference in the first names :rolleyes: ).
 Ewok Hunter
07-25-2002, 9:57 PM
plenty of jedi arround their just hidding, in fact the Emperor had quite a few dark jedi working for him on Byss after the purge.
EDIT: again posted on 7/26 not 7/25
 Mandalorian iTi
07-25-2002, 11:16 PM
well im read some more stuff in the FAQ and i guess you can have yoda train you!
 Mandalorian iTi
07-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
Jedi or dark jedi... bot will be hunted by vader and the emp.

like said before.
To be dark jedi.
first you must become a jedi wich is very hard.
then you will have to fall to the dark side.... dont know how that is.
then you will have to stay alive to enjoy your little game wich you play 10$ a month for to be hunted down by vader ALL the time...

(is this discouraging? :))

I would think becoming even a Jedi would be like impossible, if SWG takes place between ANH and ESB, guess what the only Jedi are Yoda, Ben but he is dead , or Luke who is just starting to become a Jedi. I don't think you will just get luky, be walking around and all of a sudden see Luke roming around nor stumble across Obi-Wan's ghost talking to luke or just happen to see him, and I highly doubt you will be able to go to Degaboha! Im not saying you wont be able to become one, im just saying its like 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that some one will have the chance, but you see there is still a chance, he he :p What im gonna do is jut become a Zabarkian bounty hunter with a light saber, or just a Zabarkian w/ a lightsaber, I love Zabarks!
 Mandalorian iTi
07-26-2002, 12:43 AM
oops i forgot Ben/Obi-Wan doesnt die, he becomes part of the force or somthing
 Mandalorian iTi
07-26-2002, 2:50 AM
hmmm..... well it seems its not SO hard to become a Jedi as i thought, I just learned about this game a couple days ago so bare with me
 Thew Rydur
07-26-2002, 3:13 AM
There are more Jedi around at this time period who weren't in the moives. Take C'Boath (sp?) for instance and then of course there was the dark jedi C'Boath killed. I remeber reading somewhere that Ki-Adi-Mundi's apprentice survived the purge too...
 Thew Rydur
07-29-2002, 1:27 AM
Jan Gaarni Jorus C'Baoth is long dead. He died sometime between Ep I and II.

That's true but you see I didn't specificy on the first name. And was Joruus really a clone? I though he just used the name.
 Ewok Hunter
07-29-2002, 4:04 PM
he was a clone, thats why he was crazy
 Thew Rydur
07-30-2002, 6:07 PM
He wasn't crazy he just had some... control problems. :D
 Ewok Hunter
07-30-2002, 11:38 PM
off topic: acknowleging that you have a problem is the first step to solving it. don't worry, you're among freinds :evil6:

somewhat more on topic: why are we still debating this
*looks at recent posts* ohh, never mind
 D@rth M@ul
08-06-2002, 1:15 AM
The droid I-five lives.

He holds the secrets about the trade federation , oh wait
his memory got erased.

I just finished the Darth Maul book, 340 pg's in 3 days.

Seeing as my computer is out of order!
 Ewok Hunter
08-06-2002, 8:42 PM
compleatly erased or just cleared so that it's...well clear. maybe we could get a slicer to see if any of it was backed-up:)
Page: 1 of 1