Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Four Years Ago (a long time, I know)

Page: 1 of 1
 mxbx
07-18-2002, 8:39 AM
So here's what I was up to four years ago: I started the first job I actually enjoyed (delivering pizzas for a company called Me n Ed's). At the time, I was all about music. Indie rock and this really cute girl were about the only things I cared about. Um... I'll try to remember more of what happened at the time, and post it here.

Anyway: what were you doing four years ago? And can you even begin to fathom running a web-site for four years?
 GendoTheGreat
07-18-2002, 12:02 PM
I see you decided to start a new thread after all. Like I said in the other thread, four years ago I was barely scraping by. A couple of years later I had myself a desk job, so I went and bought lot's of neato sh*t using this stuff I had read about in a book, called "money". Now I live in relative comfort. Wonderful stuff, this "money". I highly recommend it.

As far as a website goes; I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to get one started, let alone maintain it for any length of time.
 Isis Kaldara
07-19-2002, 12:26 AM
Yeesh! I feel so YOUNG! 4 years ago, I was doing volunteer work at the North Jeffco Animal Clinic... In fact, I still am. I was into KOOL 105.1 which is the oldies station. It wasn't too long after that I started listening to country music. I was a fan of the older heroes like Batman, Superman, and Spiderman. I hate to admit this with everything I have but... *Takes a deep breath to relax.* I hated Japanese animetion with a passion. Ugh! I can't believe it. Anyway, I started my lessons with the piano, Tai Kwon Do, voice, guitar, marimba (sp?), soccer, and choir. I had a lot on my plate. I was also very stuck up and thought I was the Center of the Universe... I wasn't into computer games or anything like that. I'm done looking at my dark years now...

Jeez... I realize now what a sad excuse for a human being I was... Well, I love me now! Tee hee hee... In fact, just the other day, I packed up at least 4/5 of my stuff in 17 boxes and gave it to Good Will. I feel much better about myself.
 Tall Guy
07-19-2002, 4:56 AM
well about 4 years ago i was in high school and life was pretty average!....damn i'm boring :D
 Metallus
07-19-2002, 8:00 AM
Four years ago, I had just completed either my freshman or sophomore year of high school. I was probably reading about Grim Fandango for the first time, and thinking "What a dumb idea for a game...You're shooting yourself in the foot, LucasArts!". Oh yeah. I was also an AOL user back then, I think. I *might* have just dumped it by that point.

Needless to say, I was not very skilled in the ways of the web back then, and I shied away from chat and messageboards in those days. I was a regular mixnmojo reader by that point, however, but just the news and features. I didn't start venturing into IRC territory until 2000.
 MeddlingMonk
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Four years ago I was finishing up on a certain degree. Still paying for it.
 Metallus
07-19-2002, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
Four years ago I was finishing up on a certain degree. Still paying for it. Yes, I would like fries with that. Don't burn them this time.
 Darth Eggplant
07-19-2002, 3:02 PM
:jawa
4 years ago
I was a photolab technician
spending hours
sniffing film chemicals
in an enclosed space
(answers questions about my posts)
and was having a great time
seeing some of the stuff
people take pictures of.
Looking forward to seeing
Robin Williams
do the photolab stalker
thing in the upcoming movie
"1 hour photo"

also was hanging out with
musicians in their squalid
recording studio, and hanging out
with a guy who was so much like
the Samoan lawyer in
"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
that he should have sued them for
life copy right infringement.
and I can't remember much more
than that, because four years
ago I was traveling through
bat country.
I was not going to stop then,
and am not going back there now.
 GendoTheGreat
07-19-2002, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by DarthEggplant
4 years ago
I was a photolab technician
spending hours
sniffing film chemicals
in an enclosed space
(answers questions about my posts)

It explains your prose, at any rate :D
 mxbx
07-19-2002, 5:34 PM
More things I did four years ago:
Since it was my first summer after being out of high-school, naturally I went on my first epic quest. Dubbed 'Pre-Post-Apocalypse Journey #1', it started with a drive to Austin. It ended a few minutes later when my companions and I decided we didn't want to go to Austin. Rather, we wanted to do a bunch of boring crap. So 'Pre-Post-Apocalypse Journey #1' consisted of nothing more than going to 'parties' where people sat around in a house, watching tv and drinking. Of course, I was stumped at the time. But that stumping was nothing compared with the stumpage I'm experiencing right now. Here's what's stumping me: why am I about to click on 'submit reply'?
 Darth Eggplant
07-20-2002, 1:46 AM
mxbx
those are airport calling numbers
for sure. I am sure you will go
somewhere. Always remeber this however
that no matter where you go
there you are,
unless you are having
an out of body experience
which in that case