Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The First GB.com Xwing Alliance Championship!

Page: 2 of 2
 Tie Guy
09-21-2001, 10:18 PM
Well, then what happens when you need shields AND lasers, oh well....

But 1/3 power does help you dive and turn much, MUCH faster, it is great for letting a guy go by you, and then tightly turning around to be on his tail. while it isn't very effective in a Z-95 (because the enemy never goes by you) it works great on faster and more manuverable ships.

Heres how i go:

Shields: Full
Lasers: Full
shield Position: Double front during combat, even while not in combat.

Of course, if i get to 200 both ways, i turn the shields down, but that never lasts long. I've found that an increase in speed isn't that great of an advantage in these types of battles.
 Wilhuf
09-23-2001, 9:26 AM
Well, I haven't heard a word from my opponent, JayVizon . I suggested a time for our bout, but he did not respond. In other words, I showed up but he did not.

It's fair at this pont that JayVizon should forfeit, since he isn't making an effort to complete his round. I am suggesting this in the interest of moving this tournament along.
 Lord JayVizIon
09-23-2001, 12:57 PM
wilhuf,
if you had checked your private messages, you'd know that i've been trying to contact you. i am on more than you, and i feel that you didn't make a commitment to contact me. you posted what, wednesday afternoon, when i wasn't here and now you say i'm not committed? some inconsistency from your part i should say.....:eek:
 Sherack Nhar
09-24-2001, 3:44 PM
Okay, enough waiting. Lord Jay forfeited, Wilhuf won by default. Remember, Lord Jay, you're still in the tournament. You just dropped to the consolation bracket.

The matches that can be played:

Wilhuf/Myself for the Champion title(I'll contact you by ICQ for the schedule)
Wraith 5/Clefo (Come on!)

The rest of you can wait until those two matches are carried out.

One last reminder: don't forget to use the skirmish template I made available for you to download!
 Wraith 5
09-24-2001, 4:25 PM
myself and Clefo are setting one up now sorry for the delay it was my fault....
 Wilhuf
09-24-2001, 4:43 PM
now you say i'm not committed? some inconsistency from your part i should say
No, I didn't say you weren't committed, JayVizon. And I haven't been inconsistent. I'm just trying to help move this tournament, which is supposed to be fun, forward.

Now, Sherack, I have to play against you. When shall we play?
 Lord JayVizIon
09-24-2001, 6:30 PM
check your PM'S wilhuf.

It's fair at this pont that JayVizon should forfeit, since he isn't making an effort to complete his round.

Not making an effort in other words means lack of commitment. good luck anywayzzzzzz...
 darthfergie
09-24-2001, 7:00 PM
You know if we had a Senate we could take this there and it could be sorted out...but no...Leon isn't back yet.

You see there is a need for the Senate Lord JayVizIon as you can plainly see.:D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-24-2001, 7:07 PM
what do you mean fergie? no comprende...

their game will already go on without me. i made that decision awhile ago.....
 darthfergie
09-24-2001, 7:29 PM
Still!!!
You could have apealed to the Senate!!!

It is a right of the citizen of the Galactic Battlegrounds forums!!!
:D

By the way what has caused this sudden spanish drive Jay?
 Wraith 5
09-25-2001, 6:22 PM
I am posting this to say that i am withdrawing from the tornament.

I will not be able to make the match we clefo and i had setup for tonight and i will not be able to play the rest of the week.

So i am withdrawing. Clefo is the winner of our match.
 Sherack Nhar
09-26-2001, 3:34 PM
Alright, here are the updated brackets... *sigh*

http://galaxycenter.netfirms.com/OfficialBrackets.jpg)

http://galaxycenter.netfirms.com/OfficialConsBrackets.jpg)

Next up:
Sherack vs Wilhuf
Clefo vs Lord JayVizIon

Wilhuf, sorry not having contacted you, I've been busy lately with school work. I'll contact you soon.
Page: 2 of 2