Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

window xp/radeon problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Raiyu
07-15-2002, 3:46 AM
i just bought xwing alliance and was ready to go, got it installed and loaded it up fine, decided i would start off with a little practice so i went into single player drew up a template and hit begin. after doing this it made the sound then went black screen and stopped responding. it was the same way with the missions.
i am running a P41300 384 megs of ram, SB x-gamer and ati radeon 32ddr. since i got the game i have tried it with every compatability setting and have downloaded the newest drivers for my video card. if anyone could help it would be thankful
i dont know if it posts AIM or email so mine is
AIM:zerorower
email:adeadguy@yahoo.com
this game looks insane i really want to try it
 Ghostrider53
09-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Okay, I just got XWA (and X Wing vs. Tie Fighter) like this guy here. I run an AMD 900MHZ, 384MB RAM, 50 gig/7200 RPM hard drive, SoundBlaster Live X-Gamer 5.1, ATI Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO, Windows XP. I discovered that I cannot run the game with 3D acceleration enabled. Does this have to do with the fact that my video card is not a 3dfx Glide accelerator? If so, is there any way to run the game with 3D acceleration enabled without buying a 3dfx card (assuming I could find one)? Thanks for the help...

Ghostrider53
 Gold leader
09-22-2002, 11:34 AM
No, XWA uses direct3d. I guess that XWA doesn't support radeon cards, not sure though. Anyway, I suggest you both try installing the 2.02 patch and if that doesn't work, try to contact LEC (http://www.lucasgames.com/) and ask whether your system is XWA compatible.
Page: 1 of 1