Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just thought I would spin by.

Page: 1 of 1
 hoax
07-10-2002, 6:17 AM
Reading the reviews of the last game (or first if ya want to call it that) by Infinite Machine im not sure it I would want them to make Sam And Max. New Leends had a really bad review on IGN.

"...As good as the story and weapon variety is, the game is ultimately overshadowed by wonky camera work, uninspired voice acting, poor graphics, and repetitive gameplay. I could forgive the game if it were just the graphics that weren't up to spec, but New Legends just has too many gameplay problems to be worth your time. The Xbox deserves better than this, and so do you."
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/354/354155p1.html)

I love Sam and Max but I don't want to play a version of it made by the company who created the above.
Also, if I.M. wen't out of bisness I doubt we will ever see a Sam and Max game. I don't think Lucas would work again with people who deserted them. I could have this whole thing wrong though.

You could ask the source on the matter too. I remember a while ago seeing the email from S.P. (creator of Sam n Max) on the web. I sent an e-mail to the address and it seemd to check out (I however have lost the address). Has anyone actually asked him or another close to the project?
:wstupid:
I'll stop babbling now.
:max:
 ElusiveSpoon
07-10-2002, 7:35 PM
From the looks of things, I.M. is defunct.

As for LucasArts, they now have a poll up for what's your favorite original classic where Sam & Max is an option, so I'd suggest you go vote for it now to show your support. Unless of course you favor one of the other options, which are still promising, since they suggest LA may be taking newfound interest in the adventure genre. And I think they would have no problem working with "deserters" as long as they could make a buck.

Steve's email is apparently stevepurcell@hotmail.com . I suggest we all e-mail him and tell him how much we don't want to see this game die, and that he should take his precious rights elsewhere so we can have new reason to waste our life away staring at glowing phosphors and permanently damaging our wrists.

As for that quote about the X-Box deserving better, it does not deserve better. Unfortunately it's still getting Psychonauts, apparently exclusively, much to my dismay.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-11-2002, 8:31 PM
I wouldn't suggest having a slew of mad fans bothering Steve about his new game. It's all really up to him in truth because a cult of internet fans don't define marketing. (At least not usually... there was Worms amongst other games. But those sort of occurances end up relying on online gaming.)

And, heh, I could swear Lucas Arts has been doing polls just like that one for the past three years.
 hoax
07-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Yah, I voted in the poll thing.
The interview L.A. did with Mojo at E3 looked good. They said they were hiring back old talent to go back into the adventure scene.
I think we still have a good chance at getting a second Sam & Max game yet, at the same time I hope it will not be ruined.
 Metallus
07-13-2002, 1:53 AM
Hey, it's hoax! Thanks for sending me that thing for that page that I work for.
 hoax
07-13-2002, 9:51 AM
heh :-D
 Gexx
07-17-2002, 1:32 PM
although i don't like it i don't think we'll se a sequal. at least not for quite a while.
 samandmaxfiend
07-17-2002, 1:35 PM
steve replied to an email i sent him a few years ago..he said that "new samn n max comic" was still sitting on his desk..and it was one of his new years resolutions 2 finish it.. if we dont get a new game hopefully we'll get this new comic sumtime...
 Jake
07-18-2002, 1:01 AM
That "new" comic is mentioned, amusingly enough, by Bill Tiller in his interview (http://miac.mixnmojo.com/interviews/tiller/tiller.htm) at the Monkey Island Art Connection.
I worked with Steve Purcell in the office when he was working on Sam and Max Hit the Road, but we never worked on a project together. Steve is a really fun guy, and he is always doing some funky fun art piece, like carving a cool pumpkin for Halloween or creating a baby toy into a baby that smokes.
Funny stuff like that. He also had a lot of good stories and gossip about the comic book industry and comic book artists. He was a blast to hang out with. He even did a splash page for a Sam and Max comic and put me in as one of the crooks they were going to beat up! That was awesome!

Max the adorable rabbit shot (by Bill Tiller?!)!
Page: 1 of 1