Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW RPG

Page: 1 of 1
 oninosensi
05-27-2001, 5:59 PM
Looking for players for a new SW rpg game. Anyone interested, visit the first link below and leave a message.

Thank you for your support!
 paulbarnard
05-28-2001, 3:59 AM
what rules are you using? if you use any set of the wizards rules and don't own the book, you're kinda in trouble.
 Pedro The Hutt
05-29-2001, 12:44 PM
AW c'mon Paul, let him have some fun ;). Besides, he could also have made his own rules. :)
 paulbarnard
06-04-2001, 2:35 AM
No, it's about Copyright and liscencing. It is Wizards of the Coast Property and how I use it in my game is one thing, by using it or making your own violates their rights and if they sniff you out the "bosses will do terrible things...terrible things :P"
 Pedro The Hutt
06-04-2001, 10:46 AM
But as I said, he could also have made his OWN rules.
 MadPoster
06-05-2001, 5:08 PM
:cool: I RULE ALL!!! :cool: :rolleyes:
 oninosensi
06-05-2001, 5:42 PM
For someone who claims he doesn't care, you seem awfully concerned, paul. Why the sudden interest?
 paulbarnard
06-09-2001, 2:29 AM
You would first of all be using something that I adapted and that I have bought rights to use. Second thing is that you can't create your own RPG of Star Wars. Wizards of the Coast is the only entity that can do that.

If you still don't understand that, then anything you've said about your pictures for the Project are well hypocritical.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-09-2001, 10:56 AM
aw.... he seems to be caring of the wellbeing of Oni's new group. That's sweet Paul. ;)
 IDIOTEQUE
06-10-2001, 7:02 AM
Heres the deal, if he changes the rules around then technically they arent the same rules, and if he isnt making a profit who gives a damn?
 oninosensi
06-11-2001, 4:19 PM
I am not going to debate with you paul, your simply not worth it.

But, a few basic things you have missed:

1: Making changes to any RPG rules system is a time honored tradition, in fact, it is encourged in most circles, to the point of chucking the core rules if the GM feels the need to. And if I use my own rules, I don't know any company that would waste the money trying to suppress that. This isn't for profit, merely fun.
2: Everything you have sent me is availble on more than a dozen fan sites. One version is just about the same as another, taking #1 into consideration, of course. If they wanted to 'shut me down', you would be next in line.
3: Copywrite infringment? You have whole sections of the core rulebook on your site. And, the same thing appears on fan sites for what ever game you may have. It is very wide spread, to the point of fan produced suplliments and adventures, along with gear and ideas/things moved from one game system to another. If I wrote up a rancor for Battletech or Shadowrun and put it on my site, would WotC or Fasa take me to court? I very much doubt it.

And lastly, I never said I was the GM.

Are you feeling threatened paul? Or just looking for some attention?

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: oninosensi ]
 oninosensi
07-19-2001, 3:54 PM
The rpg is currently on hold, pending the ressurection of my PC. Howevr, anyone interested in joining is still welcome to. :D
Page: 1 of 1