Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

would anyone want a space expansion of galactic battlegrounds?

Page: 1 of 1
 die rebel scum
09-05-2001, 10:41 PM
I think there should be a space expansion pack so u can play with star destroyers,super star destroyers, nebulan B frigates and so on,but I don't want another rebellion,OBVIOSLY. thats what I think
 Tie Guy
09-05-2001, 10:58 PM
That would be an entirely new game i think. It would be really fun, but it would have to be way more than a X-pac. the AOK engine couldn't handle some of the things you would need in a space terrained game.

However, i widh they would make a game with units just like GB except in space. Your infantry could be fighters, your mounted units could be patrol ships, you cavalry could be frigates and your heavy stuff could be large capitol ships. It would play out sorta like GB, you could have tugs for workers, and you would have to build several types of shipyards to make certain things. You could have golan defense platforms as defense towers. They could think up a lot of stuff but it would probably only include the Rebels and Empire, which would be fine with me. They could have like asteroid fields as obstacles on the map, and other space junk. It would be really fun if you ask me. They could call it "Star Wars: Fleet Command" or somthing like that. ( is that name already used, i'm not sure) Anyways, it sounds like a ton of fun, if only LEC would listen....
 General Nilaar
09-06-2001, 6:17 AM
That would be a great idea! They made a game like that for Star Trek after all....
 crazy_dog
09-06-2001, 12:13 PM
There is space terrain already.
 Kvan
09-06-2001, 1:24 PM
I say no. First off the ships would be too powerful, and second it would be better if they made a whole new game just based on Space combat (like tie, fergie and a few others have said). I can see them adding a few fighters in the expansion for each civ, but thats about it.
I know maybe in space a Star Destroyer would be your base, like in Homeworld? Thats probably a stupid idea though....:)
 Admiral Thrawn
09-06-2001, 4:53 PM
It's an enteresting idea though.
 Compa_Mighty
09-06-2001, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
I say no. First off the ships would be too powerful, and second it would be better if they made a whole new game just based on Space combat (like tie, fergie and a few others have said). I can see them adding a few fighters in the expansion for each civ, but thats about it.
I know maybe in space a Star Destroyer would be your base, like in Homeworld? Thats probably a stupid idea though....:)

New fighters would be a great addition for the x-pack (besides new civs) They could create an extra "line" where you could actually produce during skirmish mode A-Wings, B-Wings, Tie Defenders, and they could create cool new designs for other civs; for example new Naboo craft (another yellow ship, with other purpose) and such things, then, that would be cool... not a space expansion.
 Kuma
09-06-2001, 9:34 PM
More nays, i am surprised. I thought that the idea of completing the game with space battles would really receive a sound "yes" from guys posting here. Why not? (i know that it probably won't happen)
 AoErat
09-06-2001, 9:58 PM
 xwing guy
09-06-2001, 10:35 PM
Interesting. I think you could make a star wars space RTS kind of game with the ST armada engine and some of the same ideas.
 Crackercho
09-07-2001, 1:15 PM
This will be awesome.But if it looks like Rebelion™ i'm not going to play it.:mad:
 Kvan
09-07-2001, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by xwing guy
Interesting. I think you could make a star wars space RTS kind of game with the ST armada engine and some of the same ideas.
I use to go to the ST Armada boards a lot and I believe that someone did make a Conversion for it. Nothing Official but it still looked cool :)
btw Hi Crackercho and welcome! :)
 Thrawn
09-07-2001, 2:55 PM
I chose no. I think that the idea is cool, but i wouldn't want it for GB. I like Tie's idea though. :D
 Devan Jetstorm
10-06-2001, 11:49 PM
If anyone has questions about a Star Wars mod for Star Trek Armada, go here.

http://www.apocent.com/www/modders_continuum/stvssw/)

It's complete and really awesome!! :D

Oh and I do think they should add a starship for GB. Call down fire on the enemy from orbit. For a price of course.
 EndSub
10-07-2001, 12:10 AM
If they make a space SW game they should.....no, they must use the homeworld engine.....that game rocks! the scale in that game is just AMAZING (your "mothership" is proberly over 500* bigger than the smallest spaceship ;) ) its the only engine i can think of that would support a death star's MASSIVE size and be able to compare it to an X-Wing :)
 seantree
10-07-2001, 1:56 AM
i agree with the use of the homeworld engine. that would be sweet. the enitre game idea is nice though. star destroyers holding tons of ties etc... oh my!! BTW, just dl the star wars galaxies movie, must say i will not buy that game. after seeing how the DEMO of SWGB is destroying my life, galaxies surely would :(
Page: 1 of 1