Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Poll on LucasArts

Page: 1 of 1
 ZaXeriaw
07-07-2002, 5:03 AM
Go to www.lucasarts.com) NOW....
There is a poll about your favorite game, and GF is nominated.... YES..... Give us taht sequel NOW.....
 Darth Eggplant
07-07-2002, 7:15 AM
:jawa MI is currently 34%
:jawa GF is 23%

all you Lazy Bones out there,
give Manny your support.

Monkey Island is a great game;
BUT if you really want to see
Lucasarts make a second Grim Fandango;
which could mean a possible re-release
of the first one, (maybe the OST too)
then get out there and make it so.

:jawa
 mxbx
07-07-2002, 2:48 PM
Yeah, no guff. They're going to make a new MI game regardless, so folks should try to support something that has the potential to be completely forgotten by LucasArts.

I can't believe I used the word "guff" in place of an expletive. Shame on me.
 Metallus
07-07-2002, 3:34 PM
That's a very good point, mxbx. We already know (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/site/resource.php?feature=/e32002/simon/simon&page=1) that there will be future MI games. Grim's future is far more uncertain, but LEC will most likely hold out for as long as possible (possibly forever) before attempting to sequelize it.

I'm still scratching my head about the status of Sam and Max. Infinite Machine (company working on the new Sam and Max action title) is said to have gone out of business altogether, according to a few people. Does that make the chances of Hit the Road 2 more, or less likely?

As for Maniac Mansion, there have already been rumors that MM3 is on the way after FT2. There was some PC magazine that listed a new Maniac Mansion sequel on LEC's upcoming project list.
 Tall Guy
07-07-2002, 7:14 PM
well i think this is the closest we have ever been to getting a sequel, and have to say i think its gonna happen if we convince LEC that GF is still loved and played these days
 H. Toothroot
07-14-2002, 2:01 AM
I also voted for GF on the LucasArts poll before I read this thread, and I believe itґs a good idea to do so, because nevertheless itґs a great game I donґt think that people at LEC get the most amount of good old lupines out of it!

:manny:So if you read this visit LucasArts.com and give your vote to Manny Calavera.

:toothrot::toothrot::toothrot:
 Isis Kaldara
07-17-2002, 5:26 AM
Manny! Manny! Manny! Manny!

I voted for Manny! Yay!

*Noticed that the mods are more uppety about modding than on the AN forums...What's wrong with a little fun? Forums weren't made to talk strictly serious all the time...Sheesh!*
 GendoTheGreat
07-17-2002, 8:43 AM
Where's this poll? I couldn't find it anywhere.
 Metallus
07-17-2002, 8:52 AM
Poll's over now. Been over for a few days, actually. They change it at the end of the week, I think.
 mxbx
07-17-2002, 9:30 AM
Who won?
 GendoTheGreat
07-17-2002, 9:36 AM
CMI I'll bet. I don't see what's so great about CMI, or any of the MI series for that matter. They never really interested me that much.
 Isis Kaldara
07-17-2002, 11:33 AM
I haven't played any MI yet. But, if these are the ratings they get, maybe I'll back off on buying 'em. I'm still gonna get the MYST trilogy though. Sounds pretty cool...
 Metallus
07-19-2002, 2:16 AM
The MI series is great.

Gendo: CMI wasn't an option, only the first Monkey Island game was on the list; it's my favorite of the series anyway. Maniac Mansion was also on the list, but not MM: Day of the Tentacle.

Isis: Get Monkey Island. They're great, but play them in order.
 Isis Kaldara
07-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Alright, then. What order do they go in? Or, rather, how many are there? I'm kind of spacey when it comes to computer games... Oh well.
 GendoTheGreat
07-19-2002, 1:24 PM
There are four as far as I know.

Monkey Island

Return to MI (or something like that)

Curse of MI

Escape from MI

THere could be another in there, I'm not certain
 Metallus
07-19-2002, 1:52 PM
Yeah Gendo. There are 4 games so far, and LucasArts promises more of them.

1. The Secret of Monkey Island
2. LeChuck's Revenge
3. The Curse of Monkey Island
4. Escape from Monkey Island

The first two are much older than the second two, and were created by the co-author of the SCUMM (basically the engine powering all LEC adventures from Maniac Mansion through MI3) engine, Ron Gilbert. Basically, the original idea of Monkey Island came from Disneyland ride "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Monkey Island 1 (SMI) came out in 1990 and Monkey Island 2 (LCR) followed in 1991 (1992?). Neither of these games were "talkies", but they're still my favorite of the series.

Gilbert had intended the MI series to be a trilogy, but he left LucasArts a little while after the second game was released, and didn't get to offer his version of MI3.

LucasArts went ahead with continuing the MI series a few years afterward, releasing The Curse of Monkey Island in 1997 and Escape from Monkey Island in 2000.

Anyway, I probably know way too much about Monkey Island, but I got it all from people who know way more about it than I do, so that makes me feel better.

They're good games. The end.
 Isis Kaldara
07-20-2002, 7:37 AM
Good enough for me!
Page: 1 of 1