Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tierra de los Muertos, Part I

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
07-06-2002, 8:48 PM
Tierra de los Muertos Part I is now available on the Nightlight Productions website. I'm requesting that all comments and feedback be posted in this thread. Hope you all enjoy it. Thanks. :)
 Crocodilic
07-07-2002, 12:08 AM
Super!
Its nice to hear something new, keep up the good work. The quality wasnt bad btw, the files arnt big its 6mins long.
Have you got many people doing the voices?
 Gabez
07-07-2002, 1:24 AM
Wow... this is fantastic! It's so profesional! Great stuff, I can't wait till the next part! :D

Upon listening to it for the third time... it's also very funny :)
 mxbx
07-07-2002, 6:45 AM
Very good! The lines are deliverd w/ the speed of Hermes, like all good radio-dramas.
 Huz
07-07-2002, 8:03 AM
Loved it! Great dialogue and very professionally done. :)

By the way, if you want to squeeze better quality out of a file of a similar size, you might want to investigate variable bitrate encoding. Since a relatively high proportion of dialogue will be silence, it should work out quite well. Maybe.
 Metallus
07-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Hmm, I got all excited and downloaded it, only to remember that I don't have a sound card on my computer at the moment. I'll vote later, I guess ;).
 Tall Guy
07-07-2002, 8:26 PM
well i thought the whole thing was great, i cant wait for the next part, i agree with gabez in that its also really funny! nice one!
 MJ
07-07-2002, 8:59 PM
Glad you all liked it. :D

I'm just hoping that many people downloaded it that didn't comment. I'll hold out on the hope!

Okay. Now to comment on a couple of the comments...

There are seven people doing the different voices in the radio series. Five of them you heard in this part.

I'm glad that some of you think it's funny. But believe me, it gets much funnier. The first part is kinda straight, to introduce the land of the dead. It gets much funnier once the mortal is introduced into the mix.

As for delivering lines at fast speed, that gave me quite a bit of trouble. I did the voice for the fast talker, Tomas Encion. It's not entirely easy, you can hear me trip over the term 'people in the cafe dying'

I'm surprised it didn't happen to me more often. :D
 King Andrei
07-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Excuse me, but what is this all about?
 Tall Guy
07-08-2002, 1:52 AM
where have you been? dont you read the main GFN page?!?!

http://nightlight.grimfandango2.com)
 Darth Eggplant
07-09-2002, 10:13 AM
:jawa
I have a very slow internet provider
and right now I am using bandwidth
in other pursuits. I am going to
listen tomorrow (tues) hope it will
still be there. If I like it, I look
forward to getting the whole set on
CD. (knowing it will have merit)
I unofficially say kudos 8 of 12
I will post again once I actually
listen in.
 MeddlingMonk
07-09-2002, 11:24 AM
I'm waiting for the whole thing before I open my big mouth.
 MJ
07-09-2002, 3:38 PM
It'll still be there, eggplant. Next part goes online on Saturday, Australian time.
 mxbx
07-09-2002, 6:23 PM
When the installments have gone "off the air", would you consider posting the scripts of the dramas on the site?

It would please me in such a way that I shouldn't discuss.
 MJ
07-10-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by mxbx
When the installments have gone "off the air", would you consider posting the scripts of the dramas on the site?

It would please me in such a way that I shouldn't discuss.

That's a little bit disturbing. :)

Yes, I'll put up the scripts when I come home from holidays. I'll have to get a hold of adobe acrobat first. Putting them up in word form feels a little too unsecure, anyone can edit them.
 MeddlingMonk
07-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Who'd want to edit them and to what purpose? Believe me, no one's going to care enough about your scribbling to want to steal it. I should know. ;)
 GendoTheGreat
07-10-2002, 8:45 PM
Professionally done and funny as hell. A little confusing though.
 Crocodilic
07-10-2002, 11:21 PM
In Acrobat you can just Copy-Paste and Thus Edit the Text anyway. You should be able to create a pdf in PHP, and if you wanted to be more secure you could save the scripts as JPG/GIF. But again that wouldnt stop anyone retyping it. But listening to the Radio show could mean that someone could retype in. It follows that you can avoid it being copied if someone wanted to so you might as well just take the laziest option.
 LiMP RABBiT
07-13-2002, 7:09 PM
One word. Superb! The voices are great and the jokes even better. I can't wait for part 2. Keep 'em coming.

PS. Keep the series going for as long as possible. :D
 Darth Eggplant
07-14-2002, 5:23 AM
finally listened to it
(was afraid I may have missed it)
great work very nostalgic
sounds like listening into old
radio style show.
quality was good too.
(if cd is suppose to be better)
than we are all in for something
amazing when finished.
funny, witty and good combo
of Grim Fandango parody
with originality mixed in.
looking very forward to part Duos.
 MJ
07-15-2002, 7:42 PM
Thanks for the great feedback, guys. I'll keep part 1 up for a while longer. :)

Part 2 is delayed slightly - I'm not at home at the moment. However, it is completed, and I'm scanning in the picture at the moment. So it'll be online in a few hours. Sit tight.

Series will go for ten parts, that's written in BLOOD :D. It's all been recorded already.

Although you could technically call it 11 parts, there'll be something rather special to finish it off.

Though I'm considering a sequal in the future, depends if there's call for it. I've got a couple of good ideas for storylines.

Wait and see if you like this one first though. :)
 Darth Eggplant
07-16-2002, 2:02 AM
even as you read this
you have been immortalized
as one of the Supreme Deities
of the mesoamerican GFN underworld.
 Crocodilic
07-16-2002, 5:25 AM
I thought you said something else when i read mesoamerican....:nutz3:
 MJ
07-16-2002, 8:03 AM