Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yavin IV (General Strategy)

Page: 1 of 1
 paulbarnard
06-25-2000, 5:41 AM
Any one have a general strategy for Yavin IV?

Most of my problems come in getting Veers to the secure field, but a more general tips would be appreciated...

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation (http://members.xoom.com/paulbarnard/)
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
 Admiral Rijnja
06-27-2000, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by paulbarnard:
Any one have a general strategy for Yavin IV?

Most of my problems come in getting Veers to the secure field, but a more general tips would be appreciated...

Before you attack the enemy base, build an airfield with 10 fighters in it. Then attack the base with your ground troops, when Veers arrives, send your fighters to him and replace one when you lose it. Then make sure you crush the rebel base(Make 8 AT-ST's and 4 AT-PT's and attack, repeat this untill the enemy base is destroyed) . After you have crushed the rebel base you can send your ground troops to Veers and then walk to the landing place.
 TerrorMaroon
06-27-2000, 5:04 PM
Hmm...I've never had to actually get troops to Colonel Veers. I cleared out all Rebel forces all the way to the landing area and let Veers walk there.
 paulbarnard
06-29-2000, 3:28 AM
thanks for the tips.

just got through it today.

I used fighters to kill all the ground troops along the path to veers. Moved up mobile artillery to the clearing, opened up with the. Advanced At-Pt's with a probe droid to let them see further, and blasted the base to bits. Then sent a single AT-St to get veers and to the landing site (using fighters to clear again). Then kept advancing my artillery with at-st's now to destroy the base.

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation (http://members.xoom.com/paulbarnard/)
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
Page: 1 of 1