Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

It's sick, I tells ya!

Page: 1 of 1
 GendoTheGreat
07-03-2002, 10:38 AM
All the people who post on this forum are fans of Grim Fandango. (Duh.) What I wonder is for how many of us Grim Fandango presents more than light entertainment? The purpose of this thread is to discover just how obsessed we all are with this game.Personally, my obsession is mild.

I have a kitten which I named Salvadore after Salvadore Limones

I have 200+ Grim Fandango screenshots, backgrounds and wallpapers. (That includes my home PC and my work computer). I have also set up both computers with GF desktop backgrounds and sound events. Both computers have the GF installed on it, and each has a shortcut key for the game.

I have several colour printouts of GF screenshots put up around my workstation.

I have almost every GF site I can find bookmarked. (On both computers)

I post on the GF forums every day.

That's about it for me, though I'm sure there are a few things I forgot to mention. I look forward to finding out just how nuts the rest of you are. :D
 Axis
07-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Personally, my obsession isn't even all that much of an obsession. Gexx bought me a copy of the game and I played and I really love it. That's basically why I'm here.
 Huz
07-03-2002, 7:29 PM
Sorry. My 'obsession' is boringly mild by comparison.

I say 'hijole' sometimes, usually to scare people. I used to post news on the Grim Fandango Network. Oh, and I watched some film called 'Breast Men', but only because Skyfox told me it had a bunch of the Grim voice actors in it. No, really. :P
 GendoTheGreat
07-03-2002, 9:56 PM
There's got to be a at least a handfull of people here who have a real obsession, I just know it. The internet attracts the obsessed of all genres like no other medium on earth.
 Darth Eggplant
07-04-2002, 1:04 PM
:jawa
I think Eva is Hot!
Personally I'ld Love to
Jump Her Bones.
I am also presently building
a Grim Fandango fan site,
(now) I DO NOT WANT
my face eaten off,
BUT I went to Demented org
and tried to set up an account,
they informed me
they are no longer or not currently
taking any new accounts.
The only choice so far I use
is Geocities,
BUT I do not want to get
the Moderators pissed,
so tell me what sites are good for
you and the Fandango network
and I will place my site there.
also eventually want to build
a Grim Fandango desktop theme.
I agree with Gendo,
I want my computer saying stuff
at me whenever I use it.

Does anyone else think Eva is Hot!
Or am I sick?
 Gexx
07-05-2002, 6:22 AM
well i don't think i'm that obssesed.
 GendoTheGreat
07-10-2002, 4:38 PM
Eva is about as hot as a skeleton can get I suppose, but I'm talking about obsession here, not fetishes...
 Gexx
07-11-2002, 3:38 AM
ya Eva. i don't really like Meche much though. i liked Lupe's attitude.*AAHH! my skin is burning for i spoke the name of the evil one!*
 Metallus
07-11-2002, 3:50 AM
Me, obsessed? Maybe...

I actually don't even have a working copy of Grim Fandango at the moment. It's still my favorite adventure game of all time, though. I just don't think there's enough GF stuff out there to obsess over.
 Tall Guy
07-11-2002, 7:34 AM
when this sequel surfaces (i say WHEN!!) then i recon a load of people will start to get obsessed again. We just need something new, thats why Nightlight Productions is such a good idea because its so original and new.
 GendoTheGreat
07-11-2002, 8:15 AM
If not a sequel, what if LEC released the production portfolio for GF? You know, the conceptual artwork, voice recording outtakes, interviews, stuff like that? Give us something we haven't seen, that would keep me happy for a while.
 Tall Guy
07-11-2002, 8:25 AM
yeah, original stuff is running out fast...:(
 Darth Eggplant
07-11-2002, 1:44 PM
GF Pez dispensors would be cool.
they did a set for star wars.
just think you could have
a Pez dispensor of Lupe
(and just like the Star Wars
action figures Lucas could design
microchip set it sits into
so that every time you
pop back the head
for a candy,
Lupe could say to you:

"hi, want to be my boyfriend!"
 Gatorboy
07-11-2002, 6:54 PM
well, i have a folder with over 40 screenshots i took from the game,
I burned a GF soundtrack to which i listen to quite often...it's inspiring. (MI soundtracks to)
when i see landscapes or constrictions in the city i always think "wow. reminds me of GF"

well i'm sure there's more, but in the lonrun, i can say that GF has inspired me a lot and will always remain stained on my puny brain
 MeddlingMonk
07-12-2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by DarthEggplant

Lupe could say to you:

"hi, want to be my boyfriend!"

For God's sake, don't say things like that!

The name 'Lupe' is bad medicine here.
 GendoTheGreat
07-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Sorry, I have to ask - what was it about this "Lupe" that has you all so freaked out? Can someone explain to me exactly, without degenerating into a flurry of "<sob>"'s and "argh!"'s? I'm very curious, you see.
 Isis Kaldara
07-13-2002, 4:39 AM
To put it simply:

I AM the Grim Reaper...
 Gexx
07-13-2002, 5:13 AM
Lupe*argh* was a person on the old forums who*gulp* would... say, things... bad things...
 GendoTheGreat
07-13-2002, 7:59 AM
Well, what sort of things exactly? We're all big boys and girls here, why we you be freaked over one wierdo? I mean, how bad can these "things" have been? Give me an example.
 Isis Kaldara
07-13-2002, 8:04 AM
Obsessed? Me? But I'm your friend...My name's Isis Kaldara...I'm your new fellow GFN member...

Take that! MBWAHAHAHAHA!
 GendoTheGreat
07-13-2002, 8:55 AM
But'd have to be obsessed, wouldn't you, to make up a quote like that?
 Isis Kaldara
07-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Yup! And you can't make me believe any different!

P.S. I am Magical Girl Pretty Sailor Sammy Moon! (I am also the Grim Reaper, a Goddess's spawn, the creation of a genius, a 2000 year old demon-girl, a 3rd type robot, a Galaxy Police officer, a space pirate, and half-cat.) ^^
 Gexx
07-13-2002, 12:19 PM
umm... ok.

but the Lupe*argh!* thing, he/she/demon hell spawn made threads about farts, and you didn't see his site, "won't you be my girlfriend?" over and over!

and off the subject, why does everyone online think i'm canadian?
 MeddlingMonk
07-13-2002, 1:34 PM
'Lupe' was a total headcase. Probably hyperactive, or maybe hysterical (sometimes). Couldn't write in complete sentences. Totally useless and would freak out if offered help. Basically did everything possible to alienate and offend. 'Lupe' persisted across the four incarnations of the GFN forums (that I know of), resurfacing briefly as 'Admiral Casaba' when the present version came online. There have been no confirmed sightings for months. :sweating:

Suffice it to say, everyone who experienced even a part of the long nightmare is scarred for life.
 GendoTheGreat
07-13-2002, 3:17 PM
Did "Lupe" ever subtly try to gain your trust when starting up under a new alias? Or was he\she a genuine whacko?
 Gexx
07-14-2002, 2:06 AM
he/she/demon hell spawn e-mailed me ounce.

wasn't there another like Nogobepul. Lupebogon spelled backwards. another reason to believe he/she/demon hell spawn
 MeddlingMonk
07-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat
Did "Lupe" ever subtly try to gain your trust when starting up under a new alias? Or was he\she a genuine whacko?

Yes to the first question (if you take out the 'subtly' part). Yes to the second question, too. I don't think he started out that way. I thought he seemed more or less normal on the forum that came before the EZBoard one, but for some reason he lost it after the move.
 Metallus
07-14-2002, 1:43 PM
Hold up. I think Lupe really went out in a blaze of glory when Lucasforums rolled around. I mean, He was Admiral Casaba the 3rd, and hid out at the Escapemi.com forums for a month or before venturing into these forums. Then after we put up with him for awhile (he had us on about trying to behave himself and put the past behind him), I banned him.

But, having an ISP with dynamic IP, he returned multiple times under "Admiral Casaba", "GandalftheGrey", "Frodobaggins" "TheAdmiral", "Glottis256", and other mutations. Of course, while the name was different, he has a signature behavior which sticks out like a sore thumb slammed by several car doors and then jammed into a beehive.

He must have had some strange, sad idea about what the purpose of forums are, because he would always ACT the part, whatever his name was. Under "Lupe", he went on and on about his coat file system; as "Admiral Casaba", it was all about cannons and killing pirates (Admiral Casaba the 3rd was Escape from Monkey Island character, for those who didn't know). Oh, also he made sure to throw in a couple "kill all faggots lol" for good measure. All in all, bad news.

The last few times he showed up, he didn't even bother to post in the GFN or Escapemi boards, since we knew him oh-so-well. He posted on the JK2 and Galactic Battlegrounds forums, with threads ranging from how I was a "faggot" and a "traitor" (I said that I wasn't going to ban him if he improved his behavior...and he didn't, so I banned him...), to claims of my seedy relationship with the king of pop. Boba Rhett gets props for banning him the last couple times, and a lot of the other administrators know about this guy already. I basically had to block his ISP to keep him off of LucasForums in the end, because his IP was so dynamic.

Anyway, that's what I have to share about the latest chapter of the Lupe chronicles.

PS: Thrik had a picture that Lupe posted of himself lying around somewhere. I dunno if he still has it.
 mxbx
07-14-2002, 2:36 PM
Wow... and I thought I was close to getting banned for my inane and usually off-topic ramblings.
 Metallus
07-14-2002, 2:47 PM
We haven't had this much of an influx in new regulars in quite some time. Had to fill you all in, and I doubt it's worth putting in a sticky topic.
 Sanspoof
07-14-2002, 6:35 PM
Geez! How many people go on this forum at a time??? Loadsa people just entered in something about 2 minutes after I posted it!!! How many people go on here at a time????
 mxbx
07-14-2002, 6:47 PM
Sanspoof: I think the funnel only lets in about three people at any given time, but after a while more start to trickle down, slowly but surely until the whole thing needs to be flipped over and started anew.
 Gabez
07-14-2002, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
PS: Thrik had a picture that Lupe posted of himself lying around somewhere. I dunno if he still has it.

I can remember "Lupe" from the old Mixnmojo MI board. If I remember rightly, they were posting under the nick "guybrush3pwood" (or something similar). And if I'm not much mistaken they once posted a very blurry picture of themselves... which I made fun of. Ha.

I think that scared them away. Then again, there were so many people like that on the old Mojo boards that it's hard to remember who was who...
Page: 1 of 1