Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Simple minds, simple pleasures

Page: 1 of 1
 taxretrurn
05-21-2000, 9:38 AM
Well, now that I've finished the game I thought that I would have a go at multiplayer over the Internet, despite being shockingly bad at both JK and XWA. The lag was appalling, however, and made it virtually unplayable. Bummer.

I'm still in a Star Wars-y kind mood, though, and don't feel like moving on to pastures new just yet. So I'm now making up my own campaign storyline, using the skirmish mode of Focom for the groud battles and the skirmish mode of X-Wing Alliance for the space-side confrontations.

And yes, I do realise how awfully sad this is.

Oh well, only a few months till Obi-Wan, I guess!

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
 Cpl. Shepard
05-21-2000, 10:08 PM
You're making whole campaigns out of the SKIRMISH MAKERS in XWA and FoCom? Yes, that's REALLY sad. Really, really, sad...
 Amozarte
05-22-2000, 2:35 AM
Simple Pleasures is correct! without fun, what else is there? If the worst thing people did was sit around all day replaying their olde video games, the world would still be pretty great in my eye. But then again, I believe video games are the most important things in life.

OK, I have been on my soap box tonite, I shall step down now.

----> I think I ought to tell you, I'm feeling very depressed.... and me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side!
 taxretrurn
05-22-2000, 2:16 PM
Hey, what can I say! I have absolutely no skill or knowledge whatsoever in designing new levels for games using the various editors that are around.

I have a Masters degree in medieval history, but when it comes to anything vaguely techincal I am reduced to the level of "Ooo look - flashy lights!" I have no end of trouble getting my video to record correctly, and it is a rare event indeed when I manage to get it set up right so that it records both AT THE REQUIRED TIME and ON THE PROPER CHANNEL. My girlfriend is an IT consultant, so I usually just leave all that sort of stuff for her to sort out!

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
Page: 1 of 1