Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kaalan: Darn that prison anyway....

Page: 1 of 1
 Amozarte
05-20-2000, 3:25 AM
OK, Ive tried using just the troopers to go steal the turrets, but they all just get wasted. Also- None of my troopers will recruit the kaalanites- Not until the TR-MB leaves the base. Do you need to approach the turrets from a blind spot or something? Out of six troopers, only 2 or 3 ever reach the turret. If anyone would care to leave a note to help me, I must be ignorant.
 taxretrurn
05-20-2000, 8:59 AM
Okay, what I think I did was to amass my stormtroopers immediately around the TRMB and then use them to capture the 2 anti-vehicle turrets right next to them. These will then destroy the roving imperial patrols around that area. Then I took them out of the turrets again, as they will stay under your control even when you don't have any men in it. I then marched then straight west over the high ground to get another turret, which doesn't shoot up very well and so it gives them a chance. By this stage I lost 2/3 of the troopers. You can only recruit the locals once your TR-MB reaches a certain point on its route through the canyon (triggering a conversation with your superior). I then pulled back all of the troopers to cover the TRMB except one which I sent south from the turret to recruit the Kalaanites there (with the AT-ST). I then sent all of them back over the mountain to protect the TRMB from the imperial attack, except the ATST and 2 to capture the other nearby turret. After that, I just continued recruiting the locals and using them to capture the turrets. Also when you free Luke you can use his Force ability to act as a scanner.

Hope that this helps!

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
 TerrorMaroon
05-20-2000, 6:26 PM
I just got through this level last night without intending to.

There is a least one instance where the turrets can't fire high enough. I zoomed in and moved my troops just close enough to fire upon the turret without getting hit.

For a couple of the others, if you put an AT-ST just behind a hill but close enough, the turret will fire at the AT-ST (and hit the hill) and ignore the charging troopers. I did this at least twice.

Since the Imperial AT-ST's will attack the troopers first, pull them back behind the turret in those situations where the AT-ST's attack after you capture a turret.
 Ol$cratch
05-21-2000, 8:56 PM
Something i would like to add is...
After you meet up with the first group of kalanites or whatever they are, if you proceed straight behind the burning structure(instaed of taking a left) then take the first left you will pick up a friendly at-st and 3 more troops, also when you go back and make the y correct trun at the structure if you keep to the right of the valley there ae five more friendlies. Use them to take over the turrets, they are tough, also Luke seems to be good at taking the turrets, his points olny drop 2 or 3 at a time.

That is all for now
 TerrorMaroon
05-21-2000, 10:20 PM
I can use Luke Skywalker to attack the turrets??!?!? argh...
 Amozarte
05-22-2000, 2:26 AM
vielen dank, many thanks, I shall attempt these solutions!
 Amozarte
05-22-2000, 2:30 AM
one more thing- i have read many reviews saying poor things about force commander. Perhaps I am simply too much a star wars fan, after all they were the first movies I have seen, but I do not think the game is bad at all, especially not as some have criticized. It is quite entertaining, and to me this is most important in a game.

There, I said it, I feel better now.
 Amozarte
05-22-2000, 3:41 AM
ok, and 15 minutes later, I am off kalaan. many thanks for the help
Page: 1 of 1