Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Siege of Coruscant, Part 3

Page: 1 of 1
 taxretrurn
05-19-2000, 8:45 AM
Help!

I'm having a dreadful time with this mission, which seems to be just one continuous all-out battle. I am on the defensive the entire time, and never get a chance to try to take over or destroy the nearby imperial bases. I'm buying infiltators like they were going out of fashion, and trying to take over the walkers, but if I do the next wave just wipes them out. I've tried having loads of turrets, but they just get captured; I've tried having loads of proton launchers, but that didn't work; neither did having loads of air units. A good all-round balanced force that was more than adequate for the previous missions just gets picked to pieces trying to defend the four routes of attack. I'm completely out of ideas, and I hate having to use cheat codes.

Any help here would be hot. Cheers.

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
 JediObi
05-19-2000, 8:19 PM
Move all of your troops down the left path all the way up the left side, turn right but don't go up the nearby path, that leads to the Imperial Palace,(along with several turrets) take out the landing platform and whatever ties there may be(probably 10). Make sure you have enough anti-aircraft units. Capture the Base that is right there, and you should not have any trouble finishing the level. While your doing all of this they will attack the base you left behind, which is good, because that will give you time to get to the new base.

Good luck

"I have a bad feeling about this" - Obi-Wan
 H.Solo
05-20-2000, 10:30 AM
From the start, the strategy the way to win is...

1- Destroy the airfield so that you get more room.
2- Place a shield generator somewhere in the middle.
3- have a whole set of anti-vehicle (about 4?), anti-infrantry (1-2?) and a few anti-air turrets. Place these inside the protected area of the shield. Make sure you place some troops inside of these as enemy troops can and will try to take them over.
4- Get a set of infiltrators in an armored vehicle and send them to the left. Have a couple of hovertanks to protect it and knock out the artillery. Wait at the left to take over the AT-ATs. You can get about 6/7 quite easy although you have to wait for a bit and you will need to send in new infiltrators+armored carriers.
5- Have a few torpedo launchers, attack tanks and hovertanks guarding the base. Use the proton missiles to knock out any artilleries attacking the base.
6- After a while you should be able to get a whole set of AT-ATs and a good sized force to attack the Imperials.

This should be enough to get you going on this level. Let me know if you have any further problems.
 taxretrurn
05-20-2000, 12:09 PM
Lovely jubbely!

Worked a treat!

Cheers, mates!

"Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).

[This message has been edited by taxretrurn (edited May 20, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1