Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How is everyone doing with the game?

Page: 1 of 1
 BuffJedi
05-17-2000, 2:57 AM
I'm just curious...is anyone else taking a while to finish the game? I try to play at least an hour or so each time I play. Man, it's taking me 2 to 3 hours to finish a mission sometimes. I'm just now on the Yavin mission and before I even get close to the guy that crashes in the northeast, he get's captured. Just wanted to know if anyone else was struggling. Is there a site to go to for a breakdown of each mission? Any tips perhaps for the Yavin mission? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 taxretrurn
05-17-2000, 11:56 AM
For the Yavin mission, just send a few TIE Fighters to the area where Veers crashes. You are then able to control him like any of your units. You should then use the TIE's to clear a way for him to reach the evacuation zone.

If you think this level is bad, wait until you get to Redemption at Abridon pt.3. That nasty bad boy took me bloody days to get through!

If you go the Force Commander section of LucasArts, you get a description of each level and hints on how to complete them, albeit brief.

I've found that your initial unit selection in the hanger bay is crucial to how well you do in the mission. For instance, if you get pounded from the air at the start but didn't think to bring any anti-air units, it's probably best just to restart the whole level and change your choices in the hanger.
 BuffJedi
05-18-2000, 3:00 AM
Thanks for the tips. The real savior for me was the mobile artillery. I hadn't used it until this level and it really saved me from getting beat up. Now it's time for Hoth. Finally, Vader shows his face!!!!
Page: 1 of 1