Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Back on Kalaan

Page: 1 of 1
 Ol$cratch
05-14-2000, 8:59 PM
Anyone who has completed this level (the mission where you defect) i would like to know how you approached this mission.
 Ol$cratch
05-14-2000, 11:31 PM
Also how amny levels are there after you switch to the rebels? Are there any downlaodable levels?
 taxretrurn
05-17-2000, 12:05 PM
Go to the Force Commander section of www.lucasarts.com) (http://www.lucasarts.com) for a full breakdown of each of the 25 levels (plus hints).

As for the Kalaan mission, I think that I first collected all of the friendly stormtroopers. I initially kept everyone on the surrounding high ground to avoid the roving imperial patrols, then marched along it east and north to the TRMB. I kept the TRMB where it was (with Brenn inside) then used the stormtroopers to recruit the locals and to capture all of the imperial turrets en route (you may have guessed by now that this is a favourite tactic of mine!) If you do it right, you should have enough troops to take over all the turrets of the map, which you can then use to destroy the remaining imperial units. After this the level is pretty straightforward.
 Amozarte
05-20-2000, 2:42 AM
So- If you send out the stormtroopers, is there a way to avoid the alarm? Or do you just send them out anyway? Each time I attempt to leave the "base" (withOUT the TR-MB) the alarm sounds, and the turrets waste my troopers before they can get inside. bummer.
 taxretrurn
05-20-2000, 8:43 AM
As soon as you move the TRMB or as soon as you get involved in any fighting with the imperial units the alarm will sound. The alarm will NOT sound when you capture the turrets. To be honest, though, once you've got a couple of turrets and a few of the locals with are you (a couple have some captured AT-ST's)your force is strong enough without having to worry about the alarm anyway.

I think that this is right, but don't talk my word as gospel - it's been a while since I did this level!

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
Page: 1 of 1