Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Massacre at Abridon Pt. 3

Page: 1 of 1
 Ol$cratch
05-11-2000, 4:54 PM
Any Strats would be appreciated, at least up til the point where you stop the walker form getting to the rebel base.
 H.Solo
05-11-2000, 8:34 PM
If I remember this right, then what you need to do is to first order down some AT-AAs (about 1/3 of your forces and AT-STs). Have two groups. Have one group secure the over side of the bridge. Don’t get down to the bottom of the hill, after the bridge, yet. You then want to order as many reinforcements as possible. You then move everyone over to the over side of the bridge and then go to the bottom of the hill.

At the bottom of the hill you should then move your TR-MB to the back, away from the action. Always stay away from the lake (away form the artilleries!). You only need to reach visual range of the AT-AT. And so you need to send a group of AT-STs and AT-AAs straight there – just ignore the other fighting. Go above and around the lake to get to it.

After reaching the AT-AT, to fight the rest of the rebels you should just go round the lake and not on the bridge. The rest should be OK. A good tactic to use is to have a group of AT-STs to go round with, and with it backed up by a group of mobile artilleries. Also have a group of AT-AAs to provide air cover.
 taxretrurn
05-14-2000, 7:29 AM
The walker will only be triggered into heading towards the rebel base once your forces move off the high ground towards the lake. From your initial starting point, however, your stormtroopers can bypass this area by heading directly south across the high ground which is impassable to your vehicles. You can use waves of them to capture the various turrets and buildings of the rebel base (expect high casualties!) until you get hold of the command centre. You are then able to call down more reinforcements directly to this area of the map. Once you have wiped out the rebels, you then have the luxury of triggering the renegade walker whenever you want, since he will march straight into an area which you now control!

It takes a while, but it is a lot easier!
 Ol$cratch
05-14-2000, 2:01 PM
Thanks for the ideas, i will try them both.
I like the sneaky storm trooper idea. Maybe i will set a few Mobile Artilleries also at the top of the mountain. This should taKew care of some of those pesky rebels.
 TerrorMaroon
05-19-2000, 4:00 PM
I tried the strategy of moving stormtroopers down the mountain. They made great spotters for killing the two turrets by the bridge. There's just the matter of wiping out the Y-Wings so the guys don't get killed too fast.

After killing the turrets, I sent the squads over the bridge to scout out the area where the AT-AT would go. I figured out where the crossroads was and that's where I sent all of my forces charging.

What I need to remember is to get my TR-MB down there fast enough so I can call in reinforcements faster. The AT-AA's at the top of the mountain are going to get pounded by torpedos from the bottom so it's not a good idea to leave them at the edge. The Rebel aircraft will come over to spot for the missiles anyway but they can still be shot down fairly quickly.

The mobile artillery probably saved me. I need to keep the heavy artillery in the back, but I split up my forces. I sent a smaller but powerful group over the bridge and kept the main forces on the other side of the lake. The main attack came against my main group so I had the heaviest forces there. The mobile artillery kept the smaller group safe where it could pound on the fixed artillery from a distance.
 Ol$cratch
05-19-2000, 7:46 PM
First let me say, it is imperative to take your time, after i took the bunker at the bottom of the hill by the bridge, i turned the monitor off and just let the game rack up command points the whoile time the simpsons were on, when i got back i made a squad of about 20 troopers and marched staright towards the place where the walker you have to destory is at. Since i did'nt trigger it's advance, i shot it until it had 10 hit poitns left then stopped, leaving the troops in place. Then i went back and concentrated ont he rebel base as long as possible. Then when i started down the hill with my armada (10 at-aa's 5 at-at's and the usual complimetn) it took only one trooper, one shot to bring down the At-at, big bonus on command points for that one.

Enjoy!
Page: 1 of 1