Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

escape from kalan

Page: 1 of 1
 skejf
04-13-2000, 12:38 PM
How do you avoid the alarms?
 General Zhukov
04-13-2000, 2:34 PM
I was never able to avoid the alarms. Take over the TRMB and rescue Skywalker. Make sure to capture the turrets close to the TRMB before you start shooting. Take out the AT-ST with your 2 captured turrets and anything else that might get in your way. Be sure to use Luke's sight ability to scan ahead so you don't run into Patrols. Sneak around the patrols and take over every turret you come to. It will take a while, but I finished with 5000cp and many units. There are other post that tell you what the best way to take over turrets. I only lost 3 troopers.

------------------
Sacrifices are necessary for the ultimate goal.
 early24
04-13-2000, 11:49 PM
I'll share my slight variation on that strategy if I may, Zhukov. (just because I personally had so damn much fun with this level!) I initially had a lot of trouble with the mobile artillery near the command center, so I first rescued Luke, took the turrets, then arranged my stormtroopers around the artillery. I waited until the AT-ST was well within range of my turrets (between them actually), then I had my stormies roast that and my turrets automatically attacked the walker. Within 30 seconds I had a clear path, save for a few stormtroopers, all the way to the large canyon, where things got a little more hairy. Other than that, I did everything else the same as Zhukov. So far, I'm enjoying playing as the rebels- the brute force of the Empire was fun, but stealth can be a blast too...
 WildMustang
04-24-2000, 9:37 PM
this may take some time but i beat the mission with a decient amount of people left. first go down to the command center with 4 or 6 troopers and capture it. luke is inside he pops out and is usable by you. ok now this is the long part use luke's secondary ability and scan the entire screen.
use a non permanate marker and mark on the map where all the yellow allies and the blue turrets and enemy locations. take over the 2 turrets buy the mobile command center once that is done. take 4 or 5 troopers to the artilery unit by the command center but wait till the at-st goes up to the mobile center then get bren in the mobile command center soon as he gets in the alarms sound and your troopers are attacking the artilery now you wont get slaughtered and use the turrets to take out the at-st now try and get the locals to help and luke is good at taking over the turrets. that sould do it

------------------
The force is strong with this one.
 Ben
04-25-2000, 4:18 PM
Hi, here is the strategy i used to get passed that level ...
First off make sure you get all defecting stormtroopers to help. Capture the command center to get luke and make sure you leave one stormie there. Get control of the 2 vehicle turrets near the TRMB and leave one in each. Get luke and brenn in the TRMB. Dont move it yet! Send the other remaining stormies to destroy the artillery by the command centre. This sets off the alarm - once the artillery is gone, gather any stormies left and get out of there. There are some kaalanite rebels to help nearby - just move a stormtrooper near them to recruit them.
I found it best to send the troops ahead to take over turrets and left the TRMB in the central area with a couple of troops to guard it until my route to the evac area was clear. Carry on to take over turrets, leaving one tropper in each. later on you get an ATST and more kalaanites - that helps alot in taking out any imp stormies you encounter. Try to keep the alarm from going off for as long as poss. Hope this helps

------------------
You can always run, but you'll just die tired.
:-) :-)
Page: 1 of 1