Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

VIP lounge elevator closed

Page: 1 of 1
 tkansgar
06-29-2002, 8:40 PM
Who has a hint ?
Once Manny has left the VIP lounge and given the briefcase to Charlie, the VIP lounge elevator door doesn't open. What do I have to do to open this door again ?
 GendoTheGreat
06-29-2002, 9:20 PM
The elevator not opening is caused by a bug, it is not part of the game. The patch should address this issue, if you haven't downloaded it yet, you can find it here (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/grim.htm). If you already have the patch, try leaving the hall and coming back, and keep walking towards and away from the doors. They should open eventually.
 Tall Guy
06-30-2002, 2:38 AM
once you have the case i dont think you have to go back up to the lounge anyway...
 MeddlingMonk
06-30-2002, 7:35 AM
That isn't necesarily true. You can complete the suitcase thing before blackmailing Virago.
 Tall Guy
06-30-2002, 7:15 PM
ah yes but its likely he's already done all he has to do in the lounge and so it wont open anymore.
 GendoTheGreat
06-30-2002, 8:59 PM
As I remember it, you can keep going back to the Lounge for as long as you're in Rubacava (only in the second year of course). I remember one time I left my scythe stuck in the pantry doors before I left Rubacava, to see if I would still have it in the third year. I didn't not, and had to reload my game. That sure did piss me off.
 MeddlingMonk
06-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
ah yes but its likely he's already done all he has to do in the lounge and so it wont open anymore.

Ah, no. :) The lounge elevator doors act 'sticky' when you finish the suitcase puzzle regardless of whether you've finished with Nick. The same little bug affects the lobby elevator in year one when you finish with Bruno. Even if you have finished with Nick, you just have to walk up to the doors, move away, and they'll pop open.
 Tall Guy
06-30-2002, 11:06 PM
ah yes but what the hell does it matter?!?! :D
 MeddlingMonk
07-01-2002, 12:13 PM
The fate of the universe hangs in the balance!!! :eek:
 tkansgar
07-03-2002, 3:25 AM
Thanks for your tip !
The patch I already had. moving away from the door opened it. I wonder, is this a tricky feature or really a bug ?
 MeddlingMonk
07-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Bug. Only a lunatic or Microsoft would make a feature as annoying as this.
Page: 1 of 1