Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with "Massacre on Abridon pt.2"!?!?!?!

Page: 1 of 1
 early24
04-09-2000, 8:11 PM
This %&$%@#!&!! level just keeps roasting me!!! I can't seem to survive the rebels' frequent and heavy barrages long enough to even attempt any offensive maneuvers! HELP! I've been stuck on this thing for almost a week now!
 Czariel
04-10-2000, 12:43 PM
I had a lot of problems with this one as well, it took me two and a half weeks to beat it. Its been awhile, but i will try to help.

I filled a transport shuttle with STs and sent it to the lower left of the map to hang out. Then I repelled enough attacks to get enough command points to get some tie fighters. I sent three or four to the upper left and took out the two tanks guarding the bunkers. Then i sent in my shuttle and took over the three bunkers to get a supply of command points.

By this time you've probably repelled another attack, and have some more command points. Try to get at least one or two heavy artilleries (sp). I set these up and used probe droids as spotters, those artilery can shoot a long way. I took the probe droids to the right of the mapin the middle, there are tanks and troops over there. If you keep the probe droid just out of the way, you can kill these easily, giving yourslef more command points. I then started the move north. I took a few AT-Sts and an AT-AT about halfway up the map, and place a fixed artillery as far north as i could. Then the same trick with the probe droid helped alot. I hope this can get you started.
 General Zhukov
04-10-2000, 6:10 PM
By having a few turrets, and an AT-AT or two, and a shield disabler, you can defend your base easily. After building up my defenses I used a few TIEs to scout around. Once I found the rebel base (which is one the right of the screen) i went to work. This first thing I did was to use hit and fade tactics with my TIEs to get some of the turrets, but with the sheild generator, this can be a very slow proccess. So I though, What could i do to get the rebels of my back....take out their command base. What I did was take 3 speeder biks with 6 Stormtroopers and manuvered them to get in position above the base. Then i had them go staigh to the base, quickly dismount and then go into the base. My first try i lost everyone, but i heavily damaged the troops inside the base. On my second try I lost everybody again...but I took over the base. The rebels then did the work for me by destroying their own base. All i had to do after that was mop up the rest.
It is also a good idea to take out as many turrets as possible, that are close to the rebel command center with artillery or TIES before going in.
Good Luck

------------------
The past will not be repeated.
 early24
04-11-2000, 7:18 AM
Thanks for the tips... I'll give them a try!

------------------
 Lord Malice
04-13-2000, 1:30 PM
HELP, I can't beat Massacre on Abridon, Pt. 1

I can only get an AT-AT, a squad of stormtroopers, two speeder bikes, three AT-ST's, and mobile artillery.

My force is killed so fast and I don't know why. HELP!!!!!!!

------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that
leads to complete obliteration. I must face my fear. I must let my fear pass
over me and through me. And when my fear is gone, I will
turn and look back into it's path, and only I will remain. In this very breath

we take now, lies the secret that all teachers try to tell us.
Fear....fear is our ally." -Lord Malice
Page: 1 of 1